hydraulic issues BX23

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
Hopefully this will help everyone. This is my BX...it has the snowblower on now, so I'm not using the Blue/Red circuit. The White/Yellow are the lift circuit.

View attachment 53987
Thanks, RCW. Tomorrow, I will try again. It's the terminology that isn't clear...hose side vs valve side. My mind says that the hose side is at the panel under the joystick. The valve side is at the hydraulic cylinder.

Tomorrow, I'll try a few more things. :) What have I got to lose? :) Thanks again.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry lets back up one step, lets make sure are lines from valve to loader are going to their proper pipe and valve hookup, look at this picture.

This picture also shows the line side (in yellow with red circle) quick disconnect portion (female) and the valve side (Blue circle) quick disconnect portion (male).

BX23 Hoses to loader 2.JPG

This picture is a breakdown of the valve side (male) of the disconnects

Bx23 Quick disconnects.JPG

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
Sorry lets back up one step, lets make sure are lines from valve to loader are going to their proper pipe and valve hookup, look at this picture.

This picture also shows the line side (in yellow with red circle) quick disconnect portion (female) and the valve side (Blue circle) quick disconnect portion (male).

View attachment 53990

This picture is a breakdown of the valve side (male) of the disconnects

View attachment 53988
OK, NIW, I'm with you. You're talking about the parts to these connectors...the female connectors on the hose side, and the male connectors that on the valve side...all located below the joystick. Your thinking is that there may be problems within these connectors, especially the yellow line...could be either the male section or the female section?

Am I getting it yet? :)

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Tractor Gal have you been able to get any or all of the lines disconnected again? I think you may have gotten an arrangement so that some of the lines have a dead end (think balloon) and the pressure will remain there until you relieve it by loosening a fitting. If this is done please wear safety glasses, leather gloves and try to cover the fitting you are loosening with a rag. The fluid inside may be under high pressure and t can actually go through your skin or cut you if it sprays out. You really can’t see it so be careful.

I suggest you get it back to the correct matched positions (correct) so you know it is back to doing what you had the original problem with and the do the swap that NIW suggested (which I am not sure what he means ).

Good luck with it and take a picture of the arrangement you know is correct and what you think NIW means, post those and ask. He can tell you you’re right or wrong then. He understands it well and will get you through it.

I’m impressed with your patience and perseverance.

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
Tractor Gal have you been able to get any or all of the lines disconnected again? I think you may have gotten an arrangement so that some of the lines have a dead end (think balloon) and the pressure will remain there until you relieve it by loosening a fitting. If this is done please wear safety glasses, leather gloves and try to cover the fitting you are loosening with a rag. The fluid inside may be under high pressure and t can actually go through your skin or cut you if it sprays out. You really can’t see it so be careful.

I suggest you get it back to the correct matched positions (correct) so you know it is back to doing what you had the original problem with and the do the swap that NIW suggested (which I am not sure what he means ).

Good luck with it and take a picture of the arrangement you know is correct and what you think NIW means, post those and ask. He can tell you you’re right or wrong then. He understands it well and will get you through it.

I’m impressed with your patience and perseverance.
Russell, thanks for your interest! Yes, I have gotten all the lines disconnected and am trying to get them re-connected to the original sequence. They are all color coded, so no problem there.

Tomorrow or Friday, I am hoping to follow NIW's instructions now that I understand. Sadly, I have an appt tomorrow that will take up most of the day and I may not be able to do anything, but Friday looks good. I am hoping that NIW's instincts are good and this is not going to be a gigantic problem. Plus, look what I'm learning. :) Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

TG

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
Russell, thanks for your interest! Yes, I have gotten all the lines disconnected and am trying to get them re-connected to the original sequence. They are all color coded, so no problem there.

Tomorrow or Friday, I am hoping to follow NIW's instructions now that I understand. Sadly, I have an appt tomorrow that will take up most of the day and I may not be able to do anything, but Friday looks good. I am hoping that NIW's instincts are good and this is not going to be a gigantic problem. Plus, look what I'm learning. :) Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

TG
Good news! The hydraulic problem has been resolved!

The quick disconnect at the backhoe supply line was not fully connected. After finding that, I hooked the supply line to the bh outlet. When I did that, the two hose disconnects at the joystick (the white and blue) snapped right back into place.

Upon starting, the loader worked perfectly, so I'm on happy camper. Thanks to everyone who moaned with me over my problem and to those who contributed to the adventure.

I have learned some more about this machine and that's always a welcomed outcome. Maybe someone else here will have learned from my experience, too.

Thanks to all.

TG

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

The quick disconnect at the backhoe supply line was not fully connected. After finding that, I hooked the supply line to the bh outlet. When I did that, the two hose disconnects at the joystick (the white and blue) snapped right back into place.

Upon starting, the loader worked perfectly, so I'm on happy camper. Thanks to everyone who moaned with me over my problem and to those who contributed to the adventure.

I have learned some more about this machine and that's always a welcomed outcome. Maybe someone else here will have learned from my experience, too.

Thanks to all.

TG
It is always great to read a report of success when a problem is resolved. Great you reported back. Everyone doesn't. Thanks!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

Thanks to all.

TG
Congrats...

I just wish that you had done what I described in the first paragraph in post #4....it would've saved you some aggravation.

Did you get the mower deck issue resolved? As I said before, I think the back hoe needs to be out of the hydraulic loop (bypassed) in order for the 3 pt hitch (and mower deck) to work.

In any event, I'm happy you got it working again and it would appear that you learned from this experience.