Grammer air ride seat

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
I purchased a l 4760 with loader October 2020. I upgraded the seat from the factory suspension seat to the air ride seat option. The air ride seat is a Grammer model 75G/531. The seat has a safety switch built into the seat that shuts down the engine if the pto is engaged and the operator leaves the seat. My question is how would I operate a pto driven device such as a generator or wood chipper? The owners manual addresses how to disable the switch on a stock suspension seat but does not mention the air ride seat. Has anyone else solved this problem? I think Kubota is specifying a zero turn mower seat and using it on a tractor. I guess as a last resort I can disable the operator swithch.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I purchased a l 4760 with loader October 2020. I upgraded the seat from the factory suspension seat to the air ride seat option. The air ride seat is a Grammer model 75G/531. The seat has a safety switch built into the seat that shuts down the engine if the pto is engaged and the operator leaves the seat. My question is how would I operate a pto driven device such as a generator or wood chipper? The owners manual addresses how to disable the switch on a stock suspension seat but does not mention the air ride seat. Has anyone else solved this problem? I think Kubota is specifying a zero turn mower seat and using it on a tractor. I guess as a last resort I can disable the operator swithch.
Not sure about the L series but on my LX2610, I have a button on the dash to allow the PTO to work when I'm not on the seat. If yours doesn't have that, you could always make an override for the seat switch to only disable it when you want to instead of permanently.

20210126_153624.jpg

Last edited:

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
You will have to add another interlock device. The factory mechanical seat has two switches. The air ride only has one.

(edit) The first engages with weight on the seat... obviously. The second activated at seat tilt essentially doing the same thing as the weight. Only lim-fac adding a manual switch is the chance to forget it is on. This would emulate weight always being in the seat. Each to their own, just keep that in mind. Looks like they (Kubota) got smart on the lx and designed it into the system electronically.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user