Fuel Fill Up L 6060

Black Lab Guy

Equipment
Kubota L6060, LA1105 Loader, TRA 66 Grapple, Kobota Bucket, Bush Hog, Box Blade,
Jul 4, 2021
Sequatchie Valley Tennessee
I recently bought a L6060 with 380 hours on it. When I fill it the fuel comes to the top of the filler tube and the gauge shows 1/2 full. It will eventually drain down into the tank but it takes a while. Then I add more and the gauge goes up some but the filler tube is full to the top. After doing this 5 or 6 times, the gauge will show full but it takes about an hour. This happens on level or sloped ground in various directions. It seems to me like a stopped up air vent but I haven't had time to track that down. Does anyone know what the issue could be.

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
I agree it sounds like a venting problem. How are you filling the tank? Are you allowing air to move pass the fill devise i.e. nozzle, funnel, etc.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I recently bought a L6060 with 380 hours on it. When I fill it the fuel comes to the top of the filler tube and the gauge shows 1/2 full. It will eventually drain down into the tank but it takes a while. Then I add more and the gauge goes up some but the filler tube is full to the top. After doing this 5 or 6 times, the gauge will show full but it takes about an hour. This happens on level or sloped ground in various directions. It seems to me like a stopped up air vent but I haven't had time to track that down. Does anyone know what the issue could be.
Inspect the hose that runs L to R beneath the tractor for damage/collapse.

If visually OK, something in the tank has probably clogged it.

SDT

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
See item 130 “pipe breather” and attaching parts: https://www.messicks.com/ku/90411

edit: if the opposite side can’t “vent” then it cannot accept fuel from the supply hose.

Black Lab Guy

Equipment
Kubota L6060, LA1105 Loader, TRA 66 Grapple, Kobota Bucket, Bush Hog, Box Blade,
Jul 4, 2021
Checked underneath, didn't see any exposed hoses. If it's around the 3rd function switch, there is a guard covering it.

Black Lab Guy

Equipment
Jul 4, 2021
Thanks for your help. Found the vent. In the Messicks diagram, part #220 is attached to the top of the fuel tank, turns at a 90 degree angle and connects to a hose. The hose goes up to a place but I couldn't see where. Do you know where it goes. I think putting some compressed air through it would clear the obstruction, but I don't want to damage anything.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Thanks for your help. Found the vent. In the Messicks diagram, part #220 is attached to the top of the fuel tank, turns at a 90 degree angle and connects to a hose. The hose goes up to a place but I couldn't see where. Do you know where it goes. I think putting some compressed air through it would clear the obstruction, but I don't want to damage anything.
Ive tried 3 times to upload a pic of the routing but the forum won’t allow it…says it’s too large.
Go to the Messicks website, enter your kubota model number, select ”fuel system” illustrations and it shows exactly where it goes…to a vent-box which has a vent J-tube. That may be your issue.

Black Lab Guy

Equipment
Jul 4, 2021
Ive tried 3 times to upload a pic of the routing but the forum won’t allow it…says it’s too large.
Go to the Messicks website, enter your kubota model number, select ”fuel system” illustrations and it shows exactly where it goes…to a vent-box which has a vent J-tube. That may be your issue.

Black Lab Guy

Equipment
Jul 4, 2021
Thanks very much from me and Bear, my Black Lab. I found the diagram with part #130 and the vent box which also shows the entire fuel tank system. Now that I know what it looks like, I am going to try to find it. If I can fix the problem, I will post how I did it in case anyone else runs into this issue.

Black Lab Guy

Equipment
Jul 4, 2021
Found the hose you were talking about. It has a steel covering and appears to not have a problem. Thanks for the information.

Black Lab Guy

Equipment
Jul 4, 2021
Thanks very much from me and Bear, my Black Lab. I found the diagram with part #130 and the vent box which also shows the entire fuel tank system. Now that I know what it looks like, I am going to try to find it. If I can fix the problem, I will post how I did it in case anyone else runs into this issue.
Well, the problem has been fixed and I hope it never happens to you because the part you need to work on is in a very difficult place to get to. Both the left and right fuel tanks have a vent line running to the pipe breather which is bolted to the inside of the firewall between the engine and cab. The vent line has a small round opening at the top where a wasp can plug with mud which is what happened to mine. If that vent is plugged up, you can fill the right side fuel tank but the fuel is prevented from filling the left one because it isn't vented. Thanks to everyone for the information they sent to me.

Reactions: 1 users