Front Mount Snow Blower For BX22

Skuzzlebutt

Equipment
BX22
Feb 16, 2021
Ohio
Hello everyone. I have an early 2000's BX22. I'm not interested in getting one that mounts on the rear. Did Kubota ever make a snow blower that would fit in place of my FEL bucket? We found a "B2660" snow blower on facebook market place near us. Not sure if it works for my model though. Is there a list anywhere that shows all the implements that fit each year?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You can go to Kubota.com and illustrated parts list. Agree to terms and then search for your model using a generic model number of the tractor (L185 not L185DT). Then you get a list of models. Somewhere is a button that says local options and select that. It shows the implements that worked for your tractor.

The dealer will have to help you with what may work. You may be able to call Messicks or Colemans

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have attached a page from the B series Whole Goods manual to give you an idea of what type of document you need to be looking for.

A front blower, if driven by a mid pto, could never be connected in place of a FEL bucket as movement of the lift arms of the loader would destroy the mid pto shaft

The "Whole Goods" products are dealt with by dealer sales people not the parts people in my experience.

Dave

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Quick Hitch B2711
Blower BX2750 (A or B)

Reactions: 1 users

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
Here's what I've got for my BX22. No longer needed as I now have a cabbed tractor and bigger blower.
I found a slightly used B2650 blower. Made the mount for the front and PTO components to drive it and it uses the loader joystick to run the hydraulic lift and chute rotation. The only modification to the tractor was drilling 4 1/2" holes in the grill guard. I also have a canopy and soft cab for it if interested.
Mounting the blower involves removing the loader but leaving tower that has the joystick mounted to on the tractor. The blower's hydraulics plug into the couplers that ran the loader raise and curl functions.
It worked very good.

Afish06

Equipment
Bx22
Oct 24, 2021
Utica ny
Here's what I've got for my BX22. No longer needed as I now have a cabbed tractor and bigger blower.
I found a slightly used B2650 blower. Made the mount for the front and PTO components to drive it and it uses the loader joystick to run the hydraulic lift and chute rotation. The only modification to the tractor was drilling 4 1/2" holes in the grill guard. I also have a canopy and soft cab for it if interested.
Mounting the blower involves removing the loader but leaving tower that has the joystick mounted to on the tractor. The blower's hydraulics plug into the couplers that ran the loader raise and curl functions.
It worked very good.
Hi dusty do you still have the snowblower? I have just picked up a bx22 thanks Aaron

dschad

Equipment
Kubota BX24
Dec 9, 2021
NH
Here's what I've got for my BX22. ....
I found a slightly used B2650 blower. Made the mount for the front and PTO components to drive it and it uses the loader joystick to run the hydraulic lift and chute rotation.
Hi - I am consider about picking up a B2660 blower only for a BX24, and wondering about fabbing up the mounting and PTO drive. I've been trying to find pictures to determine what is required. Is it just the case of putting together a mount on the front frame for the actual blower (so it can curl up), and then a support for a two-part PTO shaft? Is there anything particular about the PTO shaft? Is it a 1:1 drive?

Was there anything complex about it? Any details would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

Dustyx2

Equipment
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
Hi - I am consider about picking up a B2660 blower only for a BX24, and wondering about fabbing up the mounting and PTO drive. I've been trying to find pictures to determine what is required. Is it just the case of putting together a mount on the front frame for the actual blower (so it can curl up), and then a support for a two-part PTO shaft? Is there anything particular about the PTO shaft? Is it a 1:1 drive?

Was there anything complex about it? Any details would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Don

Dustyx2

Equipment
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
First off is does the blower have the driveshaft with it? Mine did so that was half the battle for driving it.
Kubota uses .98"-10 spline shaft and yokes for those are hard to come by. I made a lift frame that had pivot holes in the bottom and a cylinder mount at the top for the blower. This I bolted to the grill guard. I made a pillow block bearing holder that mounts similar to the front mower deck mount for the driveline, which was 1" cold rolled shafting. It's been a few years since I've used it so just going from memory. I can get some pictures for you over the weekend maybe. It is 1:1 on the speed.

dschad

Equipment
Kubota BX24
Dec 9, 2021
NH
First off is does the blower have the driveshaft with it? Mine did so that was half the battle for driving it.
Kubota uses .98"-10 spline shaft and yokes for those are hard to come by. I made a lift frame that had pivot holes in the bottom and a cylinder mount at the top for the blower. This I bolted to the grill guard. I made a pillow block bearing holder that mounts similar to the front mower deck mount for the driveline, which was 1" cold rolled shafting. It's been a few years since I've used it so just going from memory. I can get some pictures for you over the weekend maybe. It is 1:1 on the speed.
It does have the front driveshaft and mid, but I'm not clear if it has the fixed shaft which is mounted to the sub-frame (where the mid and front pto shafts connect). The front frame mount seems pretty straight forward (I can find pics of that), but the pillow-block/drive shaft routing item was what I was wondering about. I can look at my mower deck for reference, I can't recall what that looks like at the moment, but I think I'm getting a picture.

Thanks for the offer of pics, but it isn't a done-deal yet, so no need at the moment (I'll let you know if I could use that if things move forward). But overall I get the impression that it isn't too much of a problem.

I need to checkout the condition, but it seems like it would be a worthy project.

Thanks very much for the reply.

Don

Dustyx2

Equipment
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
It does have the front driveshaft and mid, but I'm not clear if it has the fixed shaft which is mounted to the sub-frame (where the mid and front pto shafts connect). The front frame mount seems pretty straight forward (I can find pics of that), but the pillow-block/drive shaft routing item was what I was wondering about. I can look at my mower deck for reference, I can't recall what that looks like at the moment, but I think I'm getting a picture.

Thanks for the offer of pics, but it isn't a done-deal yet, so no need at the moment (I'll let you know if I could use that if things move forward). But overall I get the impression that it isn't too much of a problem.

I need to checkout the condition, but it seems like it would be a worthy project.

Thanks very much for the reply.

Don
I remember looking at the Kubota quick hitch setup for ideas. Having the driveline components will be a huge help. The rest was pretty easy.

dschad

Equipment
Kubota BX24
Dec 9, 2021
NH
I remember looking at the Kubota quick hitch setup for ideas. Having the driveline components will be a huge help. The rest was pretty easy.
I just checked it out, and everything is there, include the subframe. The only concern I have is that the mid-PTO output from the 7510 and BX24 are the same size (I think so). I believe that the conversion of the sub-frame shouldn't be too hard. It seems like it will get pretty low under the front axle, but shouldn't matter too much I don't think.

I think I'm going to go for it.

Dustyx2

Equipment
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
I just checked it out, and everything is there, include the subframe. The only concern I have is that the mid-PTO output from the 7510 and BX24 are the same size (I think so). I believe that the conversion of the sub-frame shouldn't be too hard. It seems like it will get pretty low under the front axle, but shouldn't matter too much I don't think.

I think I'm going to go for it.
Hope it all works out for you. Just came in from blowing an hour ago. Only 4" or so but a little wind with it.
Man I like driving forward. The heated cab is pretty nice too.

Reactions: 1 user

dschad

Equipment
Kubota BX24
Dec 9, 2021
NH
I changed direction on this, and picked up a much newer, but still not-for-my-tractor, BX5450. I was concerned about the price of nearly every replacement part on the 15+ y/o tired blower.

So I'm going to see about getting the B2733 from a B2320 to hang from the bottom of my BX24. Same general problem, heavier components.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
In my opinion, you are trying to reinvent the wheel. The quick hitch for your BX is extremely sturdy and built of heavy steel. I used mine for almost 20 years, and never had one breakdown of the mounting system, or the drive system. I kept it properly lubricated, and it performed perfectly. The BX system mounts to the top of the frame and has 2 rods that connect it to the lower part of the tractor. The top part that mounts to the frame has T bolts that you tighten to clamp it securely.