EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Hello, I can see how everyone likes the everything attachments wicked 55-in grapple. I'm just not liking the idea of paying everything up front and waiting 14 weeks. Wish the business model was you get charged when they ship the thing. Seems a little greedy and over the top but could be me. Land pride grapple is looking better

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Anyone that pays for an item prior to being shipped, is a fool. Too many business's used this model of selling prior to going bankrupt, and you just become one more of the long list of creditors. One more reason to deal with a reputable company. I would worry less about a company like Land Pride going under than a company that says the equipment has to be paid for in advance, and it will take 14 weeks to get it. That tells me that they don't have the money to pay for raw materials in the manufacturing of the item, and they need your money to get the materials, and possibly to fund employees pay checks.

Reactions: 11 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Would I prefer that they didn't bill you until items shipped? Yes. However, I know that they make excellent products, have been in business for 75 years and are A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau. Since it is their company, they make the rules regarding when payment is due. However, I know if something were to change and they suddenly folded overnight without shipping my items, my credit card company would refund me without a problem. Full disclosure, I currently have a wicked 55 grapple and a wicked toothbar on order from them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
If their business practices make you uneasy, buy from someone else 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 16 users

Borane4

Equipment
M4-071
Dec 16, 2020
Texas
I hope EA is smart enough to benefit financially from holding 12 weeks of float! That's how supply and demand works. Sell a product that people want enough and they will pay more for it. In this case "paying more" means giving them the money early to hold your place in line. The risk of losing the money with EA is probably low because they are actively seeking ways to expand the business, like adding a 2nd shift and building new facilities. And every week they make videos showing how the shop is booming. In looking at EA vs LP grapples, the EA is less expensive and constructed better. Worth the risk.

Reactions: 3 users

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
That's how supply and demand works. Sell a product that people want enough and they will pay more for it. In this case "paying more" means giving them the money early to hold your place in line.
I totally get it and I agree The risk is very low. It's just insulting to a consumer. Doesn't seem to bother many people in the forum. I could see a $500 deposit but thousands up front for months at a time just seems a little bit much. Great product brilliant marketing, and I would cash in on everybody as well if I were them.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I know when I ordered mine, if I remember correctly, was told 10 weeks and at the 6 week mark I got notified that it was shipping. So, I believe mine actually arrived in 7-8 week mark.

I have been extremely pleased with model even though I had to wait. The downside for me wasn't the waiting for the grapple, but my 3rd function kit from the dealer. I waited for two months, kit showed up, wrong kit. I had to wait all over again and then it finally showed up. My early pictures of the grapple on my tractor was just that the grapple on the tractor, no third function valve to allow it to operate.

Yes, I had to pay for the valve when I ordered it from the dealer and wait the time for it to arrive.

tradosaurus

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 HST, Land Pride RCR2660 , EA 60" Xtreme grapple, EA box blade
Mar 7, 2019
Texarkana, Tx, USA
Anyone that pays for an item prior to being shipped, is a fool. Too many business's used this model of selling prior to going bankrupt, and you just become one more of the long list of creditors. One more reason to deal with a reputable company. I would worry less about a company like Land Pride going under than a company that says the equipment has to be paid for in advance, and it will take 14 weeks to get it. That tells me that they don't have the money to pay for raw materials in the manufacturing of the item, and they need your money to get the materials, and possibly to fund employees pay checks.
Well this "fool" is looking forward to his wicked grapple in 10 more weeks. I ordered a box blade 2 yrs ago from EA.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
If you buy an Iphone from Apple, you’ll pay up front and wait for it to ship.

Amazon is the same way.
You pay when you order an item.

Chinook3

Equipment
BX2380,FEL344S,LP forks,BX2816snowb50,mmm60, log arch, Wicked 55 grapple
Nov 13, 2020
Michigan
I have their Wicked 55 and I would buy again.

Chinook3

Reactions: 2 users

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
If you buy an Iphone from Apple, you’ll pay up front and wait for it to ship.

Amazon is the same way.
You pay when you order an item.
Not True with respect to Amazon, just not true. I purchased a $2000 articulating bedframe in August. Amazon did NOT charge my credit card until it was shipped in October.

Probably another reason I own zero Apple devices.

Reactions: 6 users

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Yes, I had to pay for the valve when I ordered it from the dealer and wait the time for it to arrive.
My dealer has ordered $29K of stuff with a $500 deposit.

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I think the dealer situation is different. However, most in demand items are selling as fast as they are built. I paid for my Land Pride Grader Scraper and Quick Hitch in the beginning of Feb. They still aren’t hear yet, but I know that I’ll have my name on them.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I’m not in the market but think if a vendor advertises something for sale, and does not have it on hand for sale, that vendor should not charge for the item until it IS available.

Wondering if you change your mind under the current situation, if you get a full refund without penalty. I would guess so but don’t know, or really care much.

Being charged before an item is shipped turns me off big time.

angrymatt

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, SCR1860, BX42 Chipper, Grade Scraper, PL1242 Forks, 60" Pusher
Sep 4, 2020
NH
I agree it would be nice to only put a deposit down but i also ordered one and have about 9-10 weeks left to go. In the time i dragged my feet the lead time doubled. If buying something from a very reputable company i felt was a far better product and paying up front makes me a fool i guess im a fool. At least ill be a fool with a nice grapple. There are plenty of other options for those that dont like ea’s policies.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Would you pay for your Kubota tractor in full if the dealer told you that was the only way they would sell it to you? How about your next home that was going to be built as soon as the weather permitted?

Reactions: 2 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I paid for my tractor in full before they delivered it. I didn’t think that was strange.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
@davidmem We are all entitled to our own opinions and whether you choose to purchase from them or not is your decision. I know that I have not purchased things from other companies in the past for the same reason. Ultimately, the decision is yours and yours alone.

Reactions: 5 users

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
They sell a product that people are having to wait in line to receive because it is so popular. They can pretty much call the shots on the payment method. I had already made up my mind on the Wicked 55 Grapple before I bought my tractor. Everyone here and on other forums recommended it for small tractors. The light weight and robustness make it an excellent grapple. especaiily when every pound matters.

I can say, I have not been disappointed. I have ordered a subsoiler from them as well. It is built well too.

I had to pass on their land leveler though. It was just too expensive after taxes compared to the 6' Land Pride model I bought from the dealer.

If you are in the market for a grapple for your new tractor, you would not regret their grapple. The upfront payment sux, but paying with credit card makes the risk safe and I actually received mine sooner than the quote time. I think they put in a fudge factor on delivery times just to be safe.