Edge Tamers vs .....

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
Trying to decide on a good alternative for up and coming snow removal. It'll be the first winter for the lx 2610su, I would love to have a hydraulic blade out front, but that's probably not happening this season, hopefully next.
So I have the 60" bucket and a 72" Farm king rear blade for snow this year and the edge tamers seemed like an ideal method of not ripping up my driveway. We have a 400ft gravel driveway, my concern was there are times when back-dragging with the bucket works well, probably not that well with edge tamers since they stick out the front of the bucket edge. I came across some heavy duty side shoes for the bucket I figured I would share as an alternative for those interested.
They are from Tractor Attachments Canada. I think they will be the answer, it'll still allow those who use the back-dragging method for tight spots. Cheers!
AA916316-A478-4A5C-B6A4-1438C740880B.jpeg

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
I am wanting to do a "skid" for my box blade..... But I have yet to find ANYONE that has added a skid to a box blade, So I think it is not a good idea.

For the front bucket, I have the Edge tamer..... and use them on my gravel driveway and the paved road.... They work PERFECT. Insulation is very quick and simple.
Yes you can't back-drag with them on..... I don't think I really back-drag snow with my bucket (maybe because I have a box blade).

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
I am wanting to do a "skid" for my box blade..... But I have yet to find ANYONE that has added a skid to a box blade, So I think it is not a good idea.

For the front bucket, I have the Edge tamer..... and use them on my gravel driveway and the paved road.... They work PERFECT. Insulation is very quick and simple.
Yes you can't back-drag with them on..... I don't think I really back-drag snow with my bucket (maybe because I have a box blade).
Don't get me wrong about the edge tamers, I was going to get them for my tractor, I have a box blade as well. I'm opting to use my rear blade instead and there are a few spots where I'll be back dragging with my bucket. I came across the side mounted shoes and figured it would suit my application better is all.
Different options are a good thing.:cool:

War Eagle

Equipment
2012 B3000HSDC and Allis Chalmer 5020
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
I put wings on my bucket for a snow pusher affect and I use shoes on the wings to avoid digging into the gravel. I don't back drag with the bucket. I also have a box blade on the back to move snow or back drag.

I use edge tamers when picking up dirt, bark chips, moving fertilizer from piles etc..

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
Somewhere on the inter web, someone took a piece of pipe, cut a slot in it and put it over the bucket cutting edge. I can recall if they bolted it on, friction fitted or welded it. But I could see that making a decent skid shoe type effect so the bucket won’t dig in

Reactions: 1 user

Fastball

Equipment
L2900, rear blade, finish mower, 200l sprayer, landscape rake
Feb 9, 2017
North Okanagan, British Columbia
I had a pair of EdgeTamers-style fabbed up by my welder neighbour. Am carving up way less of my gravel driveway when using the loader on snow. All in, maybe 30 bucks worth of metal and an hour of welding time.

danmorea

Equipment
kubota b7100 loader/backhoe Kubota B2650 loader John Deere x540
Oct 25, 2013
narrowsburg ny
They work great for me
Easy on and off
Use them when the ground is not frozen