Does Kubota make combines?

Kubota M110X

Equipment
Kubota M110X, Kubota M9540, and Kubota M6800
Oct 17, 2020
Ontario
I don't consider Kneverland or whatever it is Kubota nor Buehler for that matter. It's all a business acquisition, like Land Pride, nothing more.

The domestic ag market is very hard to break into, too many well established brands with good dealer networks to back them up. Heck, my dealer wanted to sell me a Kubota round bailer in the worst way. I passed. Hard to beat established brands like New Holland. Same way with rakes. needed a new rake last spring, dealer again wanted to sell me a Kubota rebadged rake. Bought a Kuhn instead.

No issue with their tractors at all. I do have issues with rebadged equipment that they have no input in except for paint and decals.

Kubota had aspirations of becoming a big player here, problem is, between JD and CNH, the market is pretty sewn up today. Least around here it is.

Kubota does have the majority share in the under 75 horsepower market but that is about it.

Like a wise man once said, you can only slice the pie so many ways and then the slices aren't worth squat.
For the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would buy a rebadged anything when the original item is available?

Makes no sense to me, especially from a repair / replacement parts standpoint and being a farmer, I know all about repair and replacement parts, especially breakdowns when you need the equipment most.

Why I would never buy Kubota hay tools when CNH is available at an authorized dealership (with qualified factory trained techs) close by.

Why I didn't buy a Pioneer rake last spring. Bought a Kuhn instead. Pioneer rotary rakes are repainted Kuhn's and a 5 gallon finish don't make it any different in my view.

I'm Kubota prejudiced, but real Kubota, built by Kubota in a Kubota factory, not a unit built somewhere that Kubota has bought a financial interest in with the hopes of increasing market share.

The exception to that is Landpride. Kubota is the sole owner of Landpride now, not a minority partner.
Yes but you know Kubota skid steers are being made in Great Plains factories?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Yes but you know Kubota skid steers are being made in Great Plains factories?
Don't own one. I have a Bobcat skid. So no, I don't know. I do know they are a PITA to work on however, but then so is my Bobcat.

Kubota M110X

Equipment
Oct 17, 2020
Ontario
Don't own one. I have a Bobcat skid. So no, I don't know. I do know they are a PITA to work on however, but then so is my Bobcat.
Cool my uncle has a Bobcat. Our local Kubota dealer says the Bobcat skid steers are a pain in the but.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Cool my uncle has a Bobcat. Our local Kubota dealer says the Bobcat skid steers are a pain in the but.
Interesting. My dealer's lead technician tells me the Kubota skids are a pain as well.

Don't matter to me, never had any issues with the Bobcat.

Kubota M110X

Equipment
Oct 17, 2020
Ontario
Interesting. My dealer's lead technician tells me the Kubota skids are a pain as well.

Don't matter to me, never had any issues with the Bobcat.
We don't know anyone who has a Bobcat but the ,mechanic at our Kubota dealer says the wheeled ones seem to be more trouble.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Mine is rubber tired, never had an issue with it. Has a Kubota diesel in it.

Reactions: 1 user