D950 heater?

nocash247

Equipment
B7200
Jul 13, 2020
RI
I've read that on these forums that the best solution to early kubota cold weather issues is the magnetic oil pan heater however after searching on Amazon for a solution an item came up, a water jacket heater, that claims to fir the D950 engine. Had anyone bought one? Knows if it fits or not? or am I going to be the guinea pig?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I've read that on these forums that the best solution to early kubota cold weather issues is the magnetic oil pan heater however after searching on Amazon for a solution an item came up, a water jacket heater, that claims to fir the D950 engine. Had anyone bought one? Knows if it fits or not? or am I going to be the guinea pig?

First,

heating the oil is not the best answer - why? It heats the oil in the pan and only once it gets pumped through the engine a bunch of times will it be effective. By that time the engine is doing the heating.
Also - most of these pans are aluminum .... thus tough to get the ol' magnets to stick!

The best is obviously the water jacket - believe it or not, the water will slowly circulate through all by itself due to the laws of thermodynamics. Two hours of heat and your engine will think it is in summer.
If I am not mistaken - you will need to pop out a freeze plug to do this on that engine.

there is another answer - little easier to do with the exact same effect.

this is an EXAMPLE of what it is.... not necessarily the right diameter however. YOU will need to have the ID of lower radiator hose and obviously the room to place it.

Reactions: 1 user

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
That ad says it is a 1" NPT thread.

This thread says there is a block heater, 70000-17552, for 25mm frost plugs. NIW does not specify a thread, and the picture on the Messicks website suggests it is a press fit.

This post suggests there is a thread in option, and provides a location. You may want to check out the threads on your tractor to see if they are 1" NPT.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I have the style show by Hokie on my D750 engine. Works great. Plug it in and after a couple of hours in -20° weather, the snow will be melting off the hood.