BX2203 No start

framer rob

Equipment
2230 tractorC
Jun 6, 2017
antonito colorado
my 2230 started twice this orning went to start it the third tie all it would do is crank changed out both filters checked feul pump every thing ok try starting it up only cranks like its not getting fire don't understand please someone help

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Re: help please

my 2230 started twice this orning went to start it the third tie all it would do is crank changed out both filters checked feul pump every thing ok try starting it up only cranks like its not getting fire don't understand please someone help
when it cranked the 3rd time....any smoke at all? WAS the cranking speed the same as it always has been?

When you checked fuel pump - what does that mean exactly?:):)

framer rob

Equipment
2230 tractorC
Jun 6, 2017
antonito colorado

at first no smoke after changing filters a little stream of white smoke. note it puffed black smoke b oth starts, also I turned power on to pump and removed line at top of second filter to make sure it was pumping nice healthy stream

framer rob

Equipment
2230 tractorC
Jun 6, 2017
antonito colorado

i don't do wrenching i asked dealer what could be this was their solutions to me it aint getting fire but to hot forglow plug to b needed right ??????

framer rob

Equipment
2230 tractorC
Jun 6, 2017
antonito colorado

could low oil stop it from staring it shows past first hole slitely but not anywhere close to second whole on dip stick ?????

framer rob

Equipment
2230 tractorC
Jun 6, 2017
antonito colorado

when it cranked the 3rd time....any smoke at all? WAS the cranking speed the same as it always has been?

When you checked fuel pump - what does that mean exactly?:):)
took line off of the top filter past fuel pump and had a good healthy stream filter filled up quickly when replaced
:confused::eek:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

took line off of the top filter past fuel pump and had a good healthy stream filter filled up quickly when replaced
:confused::eek:
Did you bleed the system after fuel filter replacement?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

on that model......
after changing filters...
turn key to "on" for 30 seconds........

you should hear a "buzzing" noise......fuel pump - pumping fuel.....

after 30 seconds - try to start.

Could be the fuel solenoid too.

framer rob

Equipment
2230 tractorC
Jun 6, 2017
antonito colorado

on that model......
after changing filters...
turn key to "on" for 30 seconds........

you should hear a "buzzing" noise......fuel pump - pumping fuel.....

after 30 seconds - try to start.

Could be the fuel solenoid too.
that is what I am coming to believe as well thanks and ill try that tomarrow b4 going to get new solenoid

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

Framer Rob, when posting a question on this site, post it in only one forum and start your own thread like you have done with this one. Don't interrupt someone else's thread like you have done in a couple of other threads. You will also get more help if you proof read your post and make sure it is clearly saying what you want. Grammar, punctuation and capitalization are your friends in making sure people understand what you are talking about. Most people on here don't want to wade threw a bunch of short hand lingo to try and figure out what is being asked. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge and willingness to help others on this site. You just have to be patient in waiting for answers because people aren't just sitting here waiting for questions to pop up to answer and while a major portion of the members are from the United States and Canada, you have to remember there is time zone differences. Be patient and someone will come along with the correct answer to help you. Good luck on getting your tractor going again.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

I wouldn't start replacing parts because you "believe" some part is not working. Learn about your machine. Buy a workshop manual for that purpose, and an owner's manual. Then absorb them. You'll learn about glow plugs/function/operation, and changing filter/bleeding air, and other maintenance.

You may not do wrenching, but understanding your tractor can help to not have to pay someone else to do the wrenching!

framer rob

Equipment
2230 tractorC
Jun 6, 2017
antonito colorado

I wouldn't start replacing parts because you "believe" some part is not working. Learn about your machine. Buy a workshop manual for that purpose, and an owner's manual. Then absorb them. You'll learn about glow plugs/function/operation, and changing filter/bleeding air, and other maintenance.

You may not do wrenching, but understanding your tractor can help to not have to pay someone else to do the wrenching!
so thanks to all who had tried to help me I finally got it running after trying to bleed the fuel system and no luck I decided to remove fuel rail after taking it apart and no immediate flaws or defects I put it all back together , called the co op and was about to talk to service man , realized the battery was low so jumped it with truck and guess what started up , don't know if it was a low battery the whole time or what never did get the fuel rail to bleeed out though. so all in all it cost me a half tank of gas, a scolding on orange tractor talk, 2 gas filters that probably didn't need replaced,2 days of total frustration and a jump to get it started like I thought it was something stupid and you would think true mechanics would know to check that, like I said I don't wrench hate it but with the right knowledge even a chore such as this could be easy enough again thanks all I took every ones advice and applied what was reasonable
:)