BH77 Linkage

NetMagi

Equipment
BX25D (sold), L2501HST w/BH77 Backhoe
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
Anybody have the WSM for the BH77 that can share the procedure for adjusting/maintaining the linkage?

I've watched the handful of youtube vids out there, but I think everyone is guessing on:

1) should the linkages be greased where they pass through the upper guides?
2) how tight should the guides be to the rods
3) should the bolts be tightened all the way at the bottom where the rods meet the valves, or just barely slacked so they pivot a bit

Would love to see what the WSM has to say. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Just paged thru the assembly manual, and your questions are not covered in the assembly manual. However I have had to adjust the linkage rods after receiving my bh77 as the nuts were not tight from the factory or from dealer assembly. I did see a small amount of grease on the rods where they go thru the guides, and I added more to my satisfaction. The rods do rub on the guides, so I felt more grease would not hurt anything. I also snugged all the nuts to make sure they were tight as well. However everything I did was to my satisfaction, and not to any Kubota specs. Just common sense as I see it. I too would like something from Kubota to know I have done the right thing.

NetMagi

Equipment
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
I'm about to do the same, as in, just adjust it to what makes sense to me. I will tell you my guides have zero grease on them right now, but I'll be adding some. I can't see what harm it would cause.

I'm still not decided on whether I'll loc-tite the bottom bolts just slightly shy of snug to allow a little pivot, or if I'll snug them up. When I snugged them, the rods did seem to bind a bit more at the top, but that might not be the case with a little grease on the guides.

I wish Kubota offered the WSM's in PDF format. Messicks has the hard copy for ~$22, which I'd gladly pay for a PDF copy. I get the revenue reason for physical copies vs. PDF's people can share, but the PDF's are so much more convenient. I love just printing off the pages I need for maintenance, not worrying about getting them greasy, wet, or dirty, then tossing them when I'm done.

NetMagi

Equipment
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
Reactions: 1 user

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I also found my BH77 control levers linkage a little loose too when new and snugged them up. It really helped. But another issue I discovered is that the control levers actually hit the top edges of the control valve cover and grab bar! In 3 positions, even with the rubber covers removed, the levers were not operating through their full range.
My solution has been to simply leave the top lid of the valve cover off, and I actually had to bend the grab bar in the first photo forward an inch to allow the boom lowering full lever motion.

IMG_20200609_184418352.jpg
IMG_20200609_184434563.jpg
IMG_20200609_184457473.jpg