B2650 Cab AC

Sabre

Equipment
B2650
Apr 5, 2023
Texas
I recently had a tree fall and put a limb though the roof of my cab.
The AC unit was tested before I put the headliner and roof back on, seemed to work fine and blew plenty cold.

After putting a new roof on and headliner back in, the front two vents on windshield blow hot while the side and overhead vents blow cold. Eventually the heat wins and the cab temp goes up.

So it would seem that I impinged something or moved something in the roof reinstall.

Can someone give me pointers on what to check specifically? I am new to this mechanic thing, so I would need specifics, or resources I could study to get more specific information.

Please and thank you.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I recently had a tree fall and put a limb though the roof of my cab.
The AC unit was tested before I put the headliner and roof back on, seemed to work fine and blew plenty cold.

After putting a new roof on and headliner back in, the front two vents on windshield blow hot while the side and overhead vents blow cold. Eventually the heat wins and the cab temp goes up.

So it would seem that I impinged something or moved something in the roof reinstall.

Can someone give me pointers on what to check specifically? I am new to this mechanic thing, so I would need specifics, or resources I could study to get more specific information.

Please and thank you.

Maybe you didn't get a vent door rod in the correct position?

Start by looking at the illustrated parts diagrams here:

or

B2650 AC.JPG

Duct:

B2650 AC duct.JPG

Sabre

Equipment
B2650
Apr 5, 2023
Texas
Will do, can you tell me what the valve at 150 is. I do not believe I any door rods between testing and reassembly, but I DO know that valve the little lever on top was bent, as well, it did not appear to have the sheath on the cable like it shows in the diagram. I even remember taking note and wondering how without the shield being retained the cable could even work. bent the lever back level, and even checked to make sure it moved. I do not know if I however got it back in the correct position so it seems a logical place to start.

Never worked on a tractor but repaired many things like that from bikes to lawnmowers, the concept is simple.

Do you know what that valve is and could it be the source of the issue?

Sabre

Equipment
B2650
Apr 5, 2023
Texas
I just noticed you provided the link under the images, and I am using the pats diagram interactively now, likewise I have seen that is a water valve. Presumably to channel hot water for engine to heater component?

Therefore is it possible if stuck in the wrong position that accounts for why I am getting hot and cold at the same time?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I couldn't tell you. I do not have a cabbed B2650. I just wanted to provide you with a link to the parts diagrams.

Sabre

Equipment
B2650
Apr 5, 2023
Texas
Many thanks, I have found other posts where people had issues with hot systems blowing cold and vice versa, and the common fix was replace, replace with simple on off and control manual, or lock in one position (which would likely work in TX, as I need AC 9 months of year and not doing much on tractor the rest)

I will test this weekend and report back for posterity.

Sabre

Equipment
B2650
Apr 5, 2023
Texas
Alright, for posterity in case anyone else has a similar problem , this valve was indeed the issue.
At least half of it....

I took the top back off and watched the unit in operation, the servo that operates the doors, when it tried to rotate, could not fully.

The cable going to the valve had a kink in it I did not previous see.
This was preventing the servo from fully rotating AND preventing the valve from actuating.

I could likely get another cable and fix it properly, but this is east Texas, times a year I will need a heater are close to or at zero. Days I will need an AC, almost every day I am in that cab....

SO I disconnected the cable, rotated the valve open and took the lever off, AC working like a charm!

Hope it helps someone else.
PXL_20230409_182711652.jpg
PXL_20230409_182659517.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
glad you got it fixed.