B2601 with pin on quick attach

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I'm getting a B2601 (update - I've paid and delivery is promised next week. I visited the dealer on Friday and it was there fully assembled, prepped and detailed including tire black on the turfs).

In NZ we don't get the SSQA option - apparently people don't really want it. To be fair we don't get snow, so there aren't as wide and varied a range of attachments you might put on the machine.

I want to be able to attach both forks and a bucket. I have a few options for what I do:
  • I can modify my 3ph forks to have a pin on connector, and just pin them on, which is slow and painful, but will work. It adds no weight to anything, and doesn't require any new equipment other than the bracket for the pins
  • I can order the SSQA loader arm attach, and weld on an SSQA blank to my bucket and forks. This looks to add about 100lbs to the bucket weight, and push the load about 2-3 inches forward
  • I can order the old style B1658 pin on quick attach. These add about 30lbs of weight by the looks, and move the lift point about 2 inches forward
  • I can get someone locally to make something similar. A local attachments company have made them before, they look a bit heavier weight (maybe 80lbs) but they could add a receiver and some chain hooks to it, which would be nice
I'm leaning towards the B1658. It's hard to get here, but apparently I may be able to get one indent (which I think means I pay now and they order it and stick it in the next shipment that comes down this end of the world).

It is about impossible to get any useful measurements as to whether the B1658 will fit a B2601. What I can see is that it originally was on an LA504 on a B3200. It fits a variety of other loaders as well - anything with the same arm spacing and pin spacing on the end of the arms. The internet seems to believe that most of these B series tractors all have the same spacing so that the buckets are interchangeable. If so, then the B1658 will work on the B2601 as well.

Does anyone know for a fact whether that's true, or alternatively have access to any measurements or drawings for both a B2601 bucket and/or loader arms, and the B1658 itself?

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Extending this, I looked up the part number for the SSQA on the LA534, which apparently also fits the LA504, which was the loader on the B3200. A thread on the other tractor site claims it's 7J056-36103, and Messicks https://www.messicks.com/part/7j056-36103/hitch-quick-la says that part fits both the LA434 and the LA534.

From all that I conclude that the B2650 and the B2601 have the same loader spacing and fit the same buckets, and that the B2650 and the B3200 have the same loaders spacing and fit the same buckets. And therefore that I'm probably good with the B1658.

Does that make sense?

I also see that the SSQA is 80 lbs shipping weight, and I believe the SSQA blank you'd attach to a bucket is around 30lbs depending on steel thickness - so my estimate of 100lbs capacity loss is about right for the SSQA.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
gee, NO SSQA in NZ ! I'm surpised you can't order it.sad as I did for my BX23s and it makes life EASY to switch between bucket, pallet forks and snowblower( yeah, snow in Canada,eh !).
I know several here have 'grapples'. You may not get snow, but maybe a LOT of 'brush relocation' ?? While probably more money , Kubota parts might be best ? At least they FIT...
Hopefully some 2601 owners will replay fast..so you can decide soon.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
ouch on no SSQA option here in the in states its almost impossible to buy a B without. "Special order without"
tractor time with Mike just did a video :)

see if this helps which plates go to which loaders :)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I have the B1658 on my B2920. It is simple and easy to use. Pull the 2 pins, change implements then put back in. I put one on my father’s B7500. The loader arm and cylinder pins and ends are the same, but the distance between the arms is wider. I just cut the connector tube on the B1658 and added a piece in and rewelded it. It worked great.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I have the B1658 on my B2920. It is simple and easy to use. Pull the 2 pins, change implements then put back in. I put one on my father’s B7500. The loader arm and cylinder pins and ends are the same, but the distance between the arms is wider. I just cut the connector tube on the B1658 and added a piece in and rewelded it. It worked great.
So this now tests my knowledge of Kubota model numbers and series. I think the B2920 -> B3350 in broad terms - so it's a large frame B? And the B7500 -> B7510 -> B2320 -> B2301, so it's a small frame B?

But that doesn't quite align if you had to weld a piece in when putting it on the B7500 - that would imply the B7500 was larger than the B2920?

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
gee, NO SSQA in NZ ! I'm surpised you can't order it.sad as I did for my BX23s and it makes life EASY to switch between bucket, pallet forks and snowblower( yeah, snow in Canada,eh !).
I know several here have 'grapples'. You may not get snow, but maybe a LOT of 'brush relocation' ?? While probably more money , Kubota parts might be best ? At least they FIT...
Hopefully some 2601 owners will replay fast..so you can decide soon.
I know. Really the only three things I might put on the tractor are bucket, forks and maybe a grapple.

But I can't justify a grapple at the moment (or probably ever), we have some bush around the edge of the property but not so much trimming that I'd need a grapple to move it. Forks will be an improvement over just dragging it to the chipper pile, but most of the time I'll still probably just drag it.

With the bucket, it comes pin on. Changing to SSQA is quite a bit of work. The forks I already own, they're 3ph forks, so either way I'm modifying them. When I really get down to it, easier to modify the forks to pin on than to modify both bucket and forks to SSQA. The pin on modification is easier, doesn't foul the 3ph attach points (so I can still use the forks for both), and weighs less than the SSQA modification.

Also, because SSQA isn't common in NZ there aren't many small/light implements made with SSQA here. So it's not like all my neighbours have equipment that I could just borrow.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
I know. Really the only three things I might put on the tractor are bucket, forks and maybe a grapple.

But I can't justify a grapple at the moment (or probably ever), we have some bush around the edge of the property but not so much trimming that I'd need a grapple to move it. Forks will be an improvement over just dragging it to the chipper pile, but most of the time I'll still probably just drag it......
I have a grapple and find it useful but I also have more acreage of woods to manage. Prior when I had less I managed with a B7500, LA302 loader, and pin on bucket with a hook welded on the top (no forks). I moved hundreds of 12' pine logs using that bucket with straps and was so pleased to have this setup. In retrospect a pallet fork would have made it way easier and faster. Paul I would start with just pallet forks, I think you can mostly do with them what a grapple can, and more. No doubt a grapple can clamp on to a pile of brush so moving more of it at a time than forks, but is having to make another trip or two to the brush pile a huge deal?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
So this now tests my knowledge of Kubota model numbers and series. I think the B2920 -> B3350 in broad terms - so it's a large frame B? And the B7500 -> B7510 -> B2320 -> B2301, so it's a small frame B?
But that doesn't quite align if you had to weld a piece in when putting it on the B7500 - that would imply the B7500 was larger than the B2920?
The older B series like the B7500 are setup with more distance between the loader arms. The attachment point of the bucket on the arms and cylinders is basically the same, just further apart. So just widening the coupler made it work. The only thing holding the coupler together from one side to the other is a piece of pipe. Cutting and extending it was simple.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The older B series like the B7500 are setup with more distance between the loader arms. The attachment point of the bucket on the arms and cylinders is basically the same, just further apart. So just widening the coupler made it work. The only thing holding the coupler together from one side to the other is a piece of pipe. Cutting and extending it was simple.
OK, excellent. So I should expect that my B2601 has the same spacing as your B2920, and so most likely it's going to fit with no change necessary? Not the end of the world if I need to modify it, but easier if I don't.