b2150 fuel injector leaking at head

MapleI

Equipment
B2150
Mar 23, 2015
Gaylord, MI
Hi All!
I have a b2150 with 2700 hours on it, runs great...or ran great until it overheated when the fan belt broke (it sits out in our sugar bush idling along running a vacuum pump on the sap lines). It was billowing steam when I got there and after replacing the belt started up pretty easily. But it continued to die after a bit-turned out to be the fuel filter.

So after bleeding the lines and each injector it runs beautifully. BUT I have to bleed the third (from the front) injector each time for a cold start and I noticed a fine bubbling (of fuel?) around the injector where it goes into the head of the engine. What's up with that?

Will JB Weld (don't have a cow at the suggestion :) ) do a temporary fix until after sugaring season? or what kind of a job is it to remove and/or tighten that one injector?

Thanks much!
Maple I

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Sounds like you might have cracked your injector line when you bled the injectors. Overtightening the line will crack the flange and once you do, not matter what you do it will never tighten up.

I would start by ordering a new injector line (I happen to have a spare from my V1200 B9200 that might fit your B2150, not sure which line it is) and replacing that. Bubbling means you have a leak/air and once the injector loses prime, you'll need to bleed it to remove the air.

The injector might also be damaged but that's less likely than the line since you had it running fine until you bled the injectors.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
As quickly as you can, forget about JB Weld. If the injector is leaking between it and the head, you probably have a gasket trying to fail. If I remember correctly, it's a brass crush washer. If so, it would be a quick fix.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
"it's a brass crush washer"-----if it's leaking at the head at the bottom of the injector it is not the line going to the injector.

Need to remove the injector, install new washer, torque injector back down, bleed again, and you should be fine. Get washer at dealer near you!!!

Once you have the washer in your hand with a few tools you'll have it fixed in a few minutes.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
MapleI,
Something doesn't add up.
If it was leaking at the connection to the head, via the crush washer, (black circle top picture) then you wouldn't need to bled it as that is at the compression side of the injector and not the fuel side, and the only time it would get fuel there is while cranking/running and compression pressure is forcing fuel out.

I also suspect like billdog350, that your leak is at the connection of the injector line to injector (red connection point), or the line it's self.
Remove the injector line and inspect for cracks.

Attachments

MapleI

Equipment
B2150
Mar 23, 2015
Gaylord, MI
Thanks Guys! You've given me several things to look at, and most importantly HOPE!!

I'll get back with you after trying these things suggested.

Maple I