B20 Motor Bolts Missing

Axl2011

Equipment
Kubota B20
Oct 25, 2022
Ohio
Just finished filling in basement from house I tore down when I noticed a bolt on the ground. It is stripped and so I started looking and found that the motor mount bolts are missing and a few broke off from inside. The opposite side doesn't seem to have any missing.

Anybody know how this would happen?
What size the bolts are so I can replace.
Any way to get snapped ones out if not would it be dangerous to operate with those few not being bolted on?

Thanks!

20221007_175003.jpg
20221007_174933.jpg
20221007_174942.jpg

Axl2011

Equipment
Kubota B20
Oct 25, 2022
Ohio
How long have you owned this tractor? That bolt looks like it was stripped and someone put some loctite on it to hold it in place.
I had the motor replaced last spring. The guy that did it seems to have been a mediocre mechanic. He left me to finish the end of the reinstall aswell....

DrankTheOrangeKoolaid

Equipment
M6800/M920, Case 780B
Sep 24, 2019
Alberta
To remove the broken bolts, start with a left hand drill bit. If the god of tractor repair smiles upon you the bolt might come out while you are drilling. If it doesn't use a bolt extractor in the hole you just drilled. I like the spiral ones. It never hurts to soak them with your penetrating oil of choice for a couple days before you start drilling.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Looks like they've been loose a while which isn't uncommon. You have to check that stuff once in a while.

It might back out easily. If not, M12-1.5 I believe is the thread size of the bolt in the pic, BUT those bolts are often different size and thread pitch in different locations of that same tractor. All of the B series, they're all like that. Not sure why they couldn't use one thread pitch for all of them but whatever, I'm not one of the enginerds that designed them; rather one of the many grease monkeys that had to fix them. And say bad words about those who designed them of course.

Reactions: 1 user

Axl2011

Equipment
Kubota B20
Oct 25, 2022
Ohio
Looks like they've been loose a while which isn't uncommon. You have to check that stuff once in a while.

It might back out easily. If not, M12-1.5 I believe is the thread size of the bolt in the pic, BUT those bolts are often different size and thread pitch in different locations of that same tractor. All of the B series, they're all like that. Not sure why they couldn't use one thread pitch for all of them but whatever, I'm not one of the enginerds that designed them; rather one of the many grease monkeys that had to fix them. And say bad words about those who designed them of course.
Haha thanks! I actually took the 2 different sizes out and matched them up at my local Tractor Supply. Put them in the empty spots for now. Will work on getting the others backed out. Hopefully all goes well! Lol