Another Tractor Project

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
It's a Shibaura SD1400B with a LE0752B diesel engine. 4 speed transmission, 2 speed rear end, 3 speed PTO. I'm told it's the basis for one or another of Ford's early compact diesels. "Ford 1300" is mentioned but I can't verify that.

There's nothing I can find wrong with the rest of the tractor and I think it'd be a handy thing to have around, but I can't afford to drop 4 figures into it.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
This parts dealer, with some Fords listed, is usually in our local Craigslist, but not now. I did find this ad.

Bruce

PS found it on CL.

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
People have problems accessing my pictures on a couple of sites. Not sure why. Try right-clicking the icon and choose "open in new window" and see it that works.
No right click on my tablet, got a similar menu with a long press for one, but very reluctant, and wouldn't do the rest. Must be my old tablet screen. Thank you though!

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
There is outfit in Dixon, IL sells used parts. Sheaffers.

Have seen add on CL now and then of fellow selling used import parts. IIRC, in the Mid-MO or KC area.

Any chance your type was sold in US under a Massey label or something else?

Edit: I think Ford did market your brand, but could have been Hinomoto too.

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Paul, what gears do you need? Is the big gear a bull gear on the drive axle, or in the differential?
Pinion/input shaft and ring gear on differential carrier. I can email you the pictures if you can't see them in my post.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Three leads on parts, all struck out.

Noodling ideas for using the engine and trans for something.
I vote for that diesel powered wooden "schooner" you've been wanting to build. :LOL:

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Back-up generator! That engine should be able to produce 6-8k.

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Back-up generator! That engine should be able to produce 6-8k.
That idea occurred, but I have a whole-house generator installed and a 4500W portable in the shed so don't really need another generator.

Thought about a hydraulic power pack, but don't know what I'd ever use it for. Got most of the parts laying around tho.

Sophie

Equipment
Bx23s, back blade, landscape rake , trencher, back hoe ,wheel spacers
Jan 17, 2021
Ludington Mich
Startup Video

While waiting on the seals, I went ahead and purged the fuel system. The canister for the fuel filter was empty...no filter cartridge. No way to ID the correct cartridge, so I replaced it with an inline filter with a replaceable cartridge, then bled the lines and injectors.

As the video shows, it starts well and doesn't smoke so I'm pretty pleased with the engine. Also the batter shows 13.8x volts at high idle so the charging system appears to be working.

I'm putzing around de-rusting and painting the tin while I wait on the seals to show up. Once I'm sure the rear end is fixed, I'll spring for a new seat and some front tires and tubes.
Wow that sounds great and being suspended on jacks no major vibration well balanced you got a gem. good luck i like what your doing