Another B7200 question.

spearfisher

Equipment
B7200w/loader/scraper blade
Nov 13, 2011
PA
I have a B7200 w loader that just started stalling after revving the engine. The idle also is lower than normal and engine frequently stalls while at idle. While going up a slight grade in 2nd gear with a load the engine loses power and will stall. When I shift to low range power is regained, engine doesn't stall. While driving on a flat the engine runs fine in all gears. Is this an injector problem? If so, how can I address it?
Also, is there a way to test the strength and quality of the clutch?
I've had this machine for decades..it can run circles around my JD 4010!
Appreciate any helpful ideas!

spearfisher

Equipment
Nov 13, 2011
PA
Thanks for the response!
I changed the fuel filter several months ago. There are less than 50hrs of use on it. I inspected it ..it appears to be relatively clean and not clogged. To be sure, I'll replace it and see what that does.

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
You want to first try cleaning, blowing out or replacing the fuel delivery line (from tank) and the fuel return line. There's been a couple occurrences of slime in the lines doing this exact thing. I had a stink bug block the outlet in the tank, did what you said and worse.

That's easier, cheaper and quicker than jumping into the injector pump.

spearfisher

Equipment
Nov 13, 2011
PA
Thanks for the suggestion BD... I'll check it out. I'm hoping for a simple, inexpensive fix over one that's complex and expensive.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'd have to agree with Birddogger, gunk geting into the fuel lines and especially at the bottom of the tank into the line can become clogged up easily.