Almost became a smoker!

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I read that people who smoke were going to jump to the front of the line for covid vaccinations as it was considered an underlying health issue in some states...

I figured I would bum a cigarette of someone and take a puff, and become a smoker, so I would not be lying when I tried to get an early vaccination.

Foiled again! Over 65 have been moved into the earliest group for vaccinations in PA...

About 50 years ago I did once accidentally take a puff of a cigarette, but that is a different story never to be told...

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I went to the PA Dept. of Health website and ran though the quiz to find out that at 71 I now qualify. Then I went to the map provided and it went downhill from there. No go.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Should have become a prisoner instead, here in MA they are at the front of the line. :rolleyes:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I went to the PA Dept. of Health website and ran though the quiz to find out that at 71 I now qualify. Then I went to the map provided and it went downhill from there. No go.
Hey chim I just went there and looked around as to where shots are being given. I found my medical care clinic called and got in for the 27th. Call around and if you are a VET check the VA I understand they were doing it as well

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hey chim I just went there and looked around as to where shots are being given. I found my medical care clinic called and got in for the 27th. Call around and if you are a VET check the VA I understand they were doing it as well
You had better luck than me! I gave up and will try again in a week or two I guess.

One place did email back saying we will contact you in a few days...

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
Amazing how quick the appointments go. I logged into a site where you could make an appointment for a shot. First three that I clicked on said no longer available, even though they were available when I logged on.
Ended up getting an appointment for 2/16.

For you fellas in south central Pa, Wellspan has a great website to schedule an appointment

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
im in the group where I'll be the last to get the vaccine should I decide to take it, probably be a year or three before I'm eligible. Maybe by then there'll be enough people that have been vaccinated to say whether or not it's effective.

what I question is, is it's testing. It doesnt' appear to have been tested much. Almost as if it was halfway tested in labs then rushed to the markets to help curb the pandemic.

So I asked a RN about it the other day. Basically it was told that it might work or it might not. So I go get the vaccine and it might or might not work. I've already had covid, can I get it again? RN said high probability of a no-to her knowledge.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It you get the vaccine, according to the CDC, you still need to wear a mask, keep the distance (they call "social distancing" but I think it should be "anti-social distancing", don't group up.... and all the other restraints!

I was in the local hospital this week getting some lab work done. When I went to check in they ask several questions. Have I had a high temp? Around anyone with covid? Been out of the country? And on and on. I told the nurse I'd been out of the county, and she looked kind of puzzled. Then I asked her if I could get covid from cattle. Then she quit asking me questions.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I've tested negative a couple times now (nasal swab). Piece of cake. 30 seconds, no discomfort. Also had both my vaccinations (Pfizer) and no side effects. I'm high risk (over 70 with ongoing health issues (cancer, not lung though). Got mine at the hospital as well as the tests.

Only side effect was a sore arm for a day, just like the flu shot. They contacted me for the inoculations and set the appointment time.

Just because you get the vaccine don't make you immune, it only decreases the chance of contracting it (like the flu). I was told I now have an 85% immunity rate. I'll still wear a mask and social distance, neither of which I have any issues with because other than my wife and the cattle and cats, I don't much like people anyway. I'm a professional hermit and plan on staying that way from here on out.

I get the 20 questions every time I visit the hospital, which is often. The take my temperature and ask me the usual questions and I just tell them I'm a hermit. That seems to cover all the bases.

The big hoopla about people getting ill and dying was, if you read the fine print and do some common sense research, you'll find that the folks that succumbed were over 80, frail and had health issues (which most oldsters have anyway). Just like a flu shot which can also kill you if yo have underlying issues.

With any vaccine, there will always be a certain percentage of recipients that succumb. How it plays.

Don't bother me at all. Life goes on until it don't and then you are a long time dead.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
....The big hoopla about people getting ill and dying was, if you read the fine print and do some common sense research, you'll find that the folks that succumbed were over 80, frail and had health issues (which most oldsters have anyway)...
Are you talking about Covid or the vaccine?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I've tested negative a couple times now (nasal swab). Piece of cake. 30 seconds, no discomfort. Also had both my vaccinations (Pfizer) and no side effects. I'm high risk (over 70 with ongoing health issues (cancer, not lung though). Got mine at the hospital as well as the tests.

Only side effect was a sore arm for a day, just like the flu shot. They contacted me for the inoculations and set the appointment time.

Just because you get the vaccine don't make you immune, it only decreases the chance of contracting it (like the flu). I was told I now have an 85% immunity rate. I'll still wear a mask and social distance, neither of which I have any issues with because other than my wife and the cattle and cats, I don't much like people anyway. I'm a professional hermit and plan on staying that way from here on out.

I get the 20 questions every time I visit the hospital, which is often. The take my temperature and ask me the usual questions and I just tell them I'm a hermit. That seems to cover all the bases.

The big hoopla about people getting ill and dying was, if you read the fine print and do some common sense research, you'll find that the folks that succumbed were over 80, frail and had health issues (which most oldsters have anyway). Just like a flu shot which can also kill you if yo have underlying issues.

With any vaccine, there will always be a certain percentage of recipients that succumb. How it plays.

Don't bother me at all. Life goes on until it don't and then you are a long time dead.
Welcome back!