3 PT hitch Fast -Slow Knob

Davey

Nov 13, 2017
Wyoming
Working with an L2350 and a Woods PHD 35 Post hole digger w/ Down pressure

My ?
does the 3 PT add just raise and and lower or does it also create some down force at all.

I was adjusting the Fast slow knob as it was difficult digging and the oil started leaking around the knob.

Have I caused a seal issue, I can adjust and it will stop

What is the best way to set this for proper use

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Working with an L2350 and a Woods PHD 35 Post hole digger w/ Down pressure

My ?
does the 3 PT add just raise and and lower or does it also create some down force at all.

NO down force other than the weight of the device

I was adjusting the Fast slow knob as it was difficult digging and the oil started leaking around the knob.

Leaking, not good - this controls the drop rate only, so if/when you drop the 3 point lever, it will only go down at the speed you chose.

Have I caused a seal issue, I can adjust and it will stop

It should not leak - has it ever been moved before? Never seen one leak around the knob!

What is the best way to set this for proper use

Really depends on you for down speed - you will need to "play" with it to find what you want/need.

Davey

Nov 13, 2017
Wyoming
It only leaks around knob shaft when it is all the way closed or stop position.

When I open so the 3 pt drops slowly then the leaking stops and all seems ok

Thanks for the replies

Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

badcompany

Oct 19, 2017
Georgia
Real simple fix.
Remove 2 bolts disassemble it and replace the three O-rings.

And if you don't have the WSM (aka service manual) go here and get it.

http://www.golftechs.net/jtest/index.php/links?task=weblink.go&id=247

And here for the OPS (aka Operator manual)

http://kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Tractor Owners Manuals/&file=L2350 OPS.pdf
whoa, wish it was that easy on my bx1850. i think i'd have the tractor halfway apart to get to that breakdown. mine is stuck - i assume it's stuck wide open since anything attached will fall with 0 resistance.

i've given it several shots of PD blaster, but no luck. i'm afraid to apply any real pressure, don't wanna break something and turn a real small issue into a major one. Plus, i'm still not 100% which way to turn it. I think clockwise closes it, thereby slowing the fall.

Reactions: 1 user

ZiggyDog

Equipment
Kubota L3000 FEL
Jan 1, 2022
Secondcreek, WV
whoa, wish it was that easy on my bx1850. i think i'd have the tractor halfway apart to get to that breakdown. mine is stuck - i assume it's stuck wide open since anything attached will fall with 0 resistance.

i've given it several shots of PD blaster, but no luck. i'm afraid to apply any real pressure, don't wanna break something and turn a real small issue into a major one. Plus, i'm still not 100% which way to turn it. I think clockwise closes it, thereby slowing the fall.

I've got the same stuck/rusted knob shaft on an L3000DT and have been trying PB on it with no success. Imma try removing the two bolts that hold the housing on and see if I can see what's going on.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I've got the same stuck/rusted knob shaft on an L3000DT and have been trying PB on it with no success. Imma try removing the two bolts that hold the housing on and see if I can see what's going on.
Try deep creep and see if that will work it loose. If it is stuck in the open mode turn it clockwise. I can't see how you can do any damage by turning it clockwise if it is in the stuck open mode. This is one reason that you should "exercise" all the functions of the tractor at least once a month, so they don't get stuck.

ZiggyDog

Equipment
Kubota L3000 FEL
Jan 1, 2022
Secondcreek, WV
Try deep creep and see if that will work it loose. If it is stuck in the open mode turn it clockwise. I can't see how you can do any damage by turning it clockwise if it is in the stuck open mode. This is one reason that you should "exercise" all the functions of the tractor at least once a month, so they don't get stuck.
Thanks. I bought the tractor a couple of months ago and the knob was the only thing that didn't work perfectly. I'll try deep creep :)

ZiggyDog

Equipment
Kubota L3000 FEL
Jan 1, 2022
Secondcreek, WV
Thanks. I bought the tractor a couple of months ago and the knob was the only thing that didn't work perfectly. I'll try deep creep :)
Hey Dusty. After reading your reply I wrapped the knob in a shop towel and turned it gently with the spud wrench clockwise, and voila... It's turning freely!! Thanks!!