2nd round?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Finding dried beans around here is like hens teeth even peas. I mean how the duce can I make bean soup with out beans?

Order them on Amazon. If you are a Prime member you will have them the next day with free shipping.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I just see on the local news our Governor "Blinky" Mills has issued a 9pm curfew. Everything closes at 9pm starting tomorrow. It really doesn't effect me in any way. But no local gas or beer late. I always keep my gas tank full as you never know if in the event of an emergency we'd need to get up and out I want a full tank. But I'm never out late anyway.
But the late night bar flies will have to drink at home I guess.
Gov Mills is keeping us safe..lol

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I just see on the local news our Governor "Blinky" Mills has issued a 9pm curfew. Everything closes at 9pm starting tomorrow. It really doesn't effect me in any way. But no local gas or beer late. I always keep my gas tank full as you never know if in the event of an emergency we'd need to get up and out I want a full tank. But I'm never out late anyway.
When they were running the curfew here, gas stations were exempt. Too many truckers and essential workers needing fuel.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
The 9pm curfew is for bars and restaurants and entertainment type places not all businesses. I plan to ignore her illegal "orders" anyway. She doesnt make laws, the legislature does.

If these governors made it an ORDER that everyone walk around with their finger up their butts, half the population would be following it. Sad but true.

Also planning to have a large family gathering for thanksgiving, armed if necessary.

Reactions: 3 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Check on framing lumber. :oops:
IMG_8540.JPG

I sawed this mostly 2X6's & 2X12's for my customer's new home sawing 3 days last week and 2 days this week. I will finish sawing 2X4's next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
He will be building next year. I would prefer to let it dry for 6 months but as long as he has it dried in and the inside walls not covered he should be OK.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We found lysol spray today. 😁😁😁 First time we have seen it since new year. Sams club had a couple pallets of it and it was going fast. Wife and I each grabbed a 4 pack and headed for seperate lines.

Sams club is completely out of TP and paper towels still. Everything else seems to be well stocked though. Plenty of selections of meat and bulk food items.

Swung by Academy sports. They got a good selection of shotgun shells. But nothing else. Ammunition shelves were nothing but cobwebs and dust bunnies. Firearms are down to a select few options as well. They had a few shotguns and rifles. Pistols were down to a few selections in each caliber.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
We found lysol spray today. 😁😁😁 First time we have seen it since new year. Sams club had a couple pallets of it and it was going fast. Wife and I each grabbed a 4 pack and headed for seperate lines.

Sams club is completely out of TP and paper towels still. Everything else seems to be well stocked though. Plenty of selections of meat and bulk food items.

Swung by Academy sports. They got a good selection of shotgun shells. But nothing else. Ammunition shelves were nothing but cobwebs and dust bunnies. Firearms are down to a select few options as well. They had a few shotguns and rifles. Pistols were down to a few selections in each caliber.
I went to the grocery store today. Several of the things I planned to buy were out. None of it was essential, but aggravating. But like your Lysol, I actually bought a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, which I had not seen in a while. I don't use it much, but my pre-pandemic bottle was running low. They even had Isopropyl Alcohol, which I don't think I have seen in a while.

I have not been anywhere to see guns and ammo. I reload and have stocked up a good while back. A friend of mine was panicking for finding his specific ammo for deer season. I loaded him up 50 rounds of the bullets he uses. He knows I reload, but was in awe when I handed him a box of 50 rounds. He said he looked all over and could not find ammo for his .308.

I hope much of this mess can settle down.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I went to the grocery store today. Several of the things I planned to buy were out. None of it was essential, but aggravating. But like your Lysol, I actually bought a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, which I had not seen in a while. I don't use it much, but my pre-pandemic bottle was running low. They even had Isopropyl Alcohol, which I don't think I have seen in a while.

I have not been anywhere to see guns and ammo. I reload and have stocked up a good while back. A friend of mine was panicking for finding his specific ammo for deer season. I loaded him up 50 rounds of the bullets he uses. He knows I reload, but was in awe when I handed him a box of 50 rounds. He said he looked all over and could not find ammo for his .308.

I hope much of this mess can settle down.
Hydrogen peroxide has been around here for months. We stocked up when it first popped back up at Sam's club. Got 3 large bottles. That will last us for years.

Probably have 4 years worth of bleach. Got two gallons in the laundry room. And a box with three gallons in the garage. Plus a half gallon left under the kitchen counter.

We found a couple jugs of clorox wipes at wally world a few weeks ago. We save those for cleaning the guest bathroom after hosting supervised visitation with the grandkiddos momma. We don't trust her at all.

We've got an 8 pack of the off brand cleaning wipes we used for normal cleaning.

I have a couple boxes of ammo for the two rifles. I don’t hunt anymore. So the only time I go through them is when target shooting. Same for the shotgun. Got a box of bird shot. Plus a couple boxes each of slugs and buck shot.

Same thing for the pistols. Got a case of target ammo for each. Plus a couple boxes of critical defense rounds.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I get a chuckle out of people scrambling for ammo. :ROFLMAO:
I have 20 odd cases of shotgun shells, 4 00 buck, slugs, birdshot in several variations.
For most of the rifles and pistols I have 10 or so full 50 and Cal ammo cans.
I have 50 odd Boxes of special rounds for bear for pistol and rifle.
I even have 50 cal ammo cans full of ammo for guns I don't even have. :oops:
I'm just waiting for the zombie apocalypse! 🤪

• Dislike

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I aint got nuttin I lost everything in that dayum boating accident down on the Ohio river even lost the boat

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I aint got nuttin I lost everything in that dayum boating accident down on the Ohio river even lost the boat
Good Answer Skeet’s

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I have a pretty good supply of ammo for most things, but I bought a revolver right around the start of this mess (nothing related to happenings, just wanted one) and discovered that .38 and .357 are quite hard to find. I also, right at the same time, decided to get into reloading and got all the stuff I need - except primers. Haven't been able to find any of those at all.

We got a case of TP some time back, and have "floated" a supply above that since then. I'll worry about that when we start getting close to having to open the case.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I have a pretty good supply of ammo for most things, but I bought a revolver right around the start of this mess (nothing related to happenings, just wanted one) and discovered that .38 and .357 are quite hard to find. I also, right at the same time, decided to get into reloading and got all the stuff I need - except primers. Haven't been able to find any of those at all.
The key to acquiring reloading supplies is to be patient and avoid paying sucker prices. Almost like you, I started reloading right at the worst time in early 2013. The Sandy Hook shooting had taken place December 2012, and people were scared of what legislation was coming. I was able to buy things to get started, but never paid panic prices. And, as panic buying ebbed, I bought more things I needed when I found good prices. I made up my mind to not get caught in the same situation again and stocked up pretty well.

Hopefully, things will normalize and supplies will become more available. I have noticed prices seems to increase every year, so I never felt bad about buying large quantities of supplies.

Weird times now though, maybe weirder than they have ever been.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I see there are hoarders and panic buyers here too

I live alone so....you're welcome.

I am rarely home, the tv only comes on when it's weathering. Nothing on but filth anyway. You can't even turn the stupid thing on without a pair of same genders all over each other and the stations shoving it down our throats, and if that's not enough, you switch is and the next channel is some fat lady who thinks she's a musician, wearing not nearly enough clothing calling herself an "artist". I'm sorry, artists don't have to dress like whores or "sing" (if you call it that) "music" in that manner to be popular. So I turn the stupid thing off and go out in the shop. Bluetooth speaker and old hymns. Oh and now I have another kitten hanging around that "sings" it's mewing music. If it's daytime, the birds have songs to sing.

a bag of tp lasts me months. ain't never home to use it, and rare to get any company at the house
groceries, $35/wk. I eat cheap I ain't no pig. I eat GOOD but not excessive at least I don't think GF says otherwise but whatever

I'm out of milk...no milk to be found on the shelves. I'll drink water.

I'm out of steak. I know where to get it (across the road)

people are idiots

I see a lady come out of the dg the other night with 4 cases of tp and 3 cases of paper towels. I said somethign about it and she said she was stocking up for the 'shortage'. Well dumb butt you ever think that there is more than one reason for a shortage? (as I'm eyeballing her two carts full of paper)

there ain't no shortage but there also aint no shortage of morons who believe everything they see on the tv

unfortunately I don't think we seen nothing yet

Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Common man,,, tell us how you really feel ;)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
" I'm just waiting for the zombie apocalypse! "

rest assured, you won't be disappointed.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I get a chuckle out of people scrambling for ammo. :ROFLMAO:
I have 20 odd cases of shotgun shells, 4 00 buck, slugs, birdshot in several variations.
For most of the rifles and pistols I have 10 or so full 50 and Cal ammo cans.
I have 50 odd Boxes of special rounds for bear for pistol and rifle.
I even have 50 cal ammo cans full of ammo for guns I don't even have. :oops:
I'm just waiting for the zombie apocalypse! 🤪
I'm sure you will be elated to pay a $200.00 fee for a Federal Tax stamp for every semi auto rifle you possess and an additional 200 bucks for every magazine in the excess of 10 rounds as well. At least for the registered firearms you own, but then you will be subject to search, seizure and confiscation for those that aren't as well.

Enjoy it Komrade.

It's coming just for you....