2016 Kubota SVL 90-2 Chugging and Skipping

TektonCNY

Equipment
2016 Kubota SVL 90-2, 2019 SSV 75, 2016 BX2360, 2010 BX1800
Jan 21, 2021
Durhamville, NY
Hey all! I have had this machine now for three years. Bought it with 300 hrs and now just clicked over a 1000. This machine truly has been babied and maintained very well. It gets used for basic construction work in the summer but plows snow in a couple commercial lots in the winter. During this time it’s been in and out of the dealer shop for a bunch of things some normal some serious. Most of the time it was DPF related issues and finally after 4-5 cleanings was just replaced it within the last 75 hrs. Sensor issues related to oil pressure because something freezes in the dpf/oil system. Temperature problems. All of the, usually throws some kind of code. Now I think the issue at hand is fuel related, but no codes at all. It’s starts just fine and can idle on high with no noticeable change, but as soon as it drives or actuate any hydraulics the engine bogs down and sputters then recovers and repeat. We had issues in the past with the fuel water separator. We drain it and clean it then usually solves the problem. Not this instance though. So got a union and bypassed the filter hoping the elbows were dirty and again no change. We had the tech out and he said there was erratic flow in the fuel system which was due to the flow control valve. Replaced it and it corrected the readings on the fuel rail, but still skips and sputters under load. The fuel pressure readings are all good and reading as they should. We don’t think there’s an issue with gelling because it hasn’t been cold enough. Even still we’ve been adding fuel additive every fill up, and the filter has less than 50 hrs on it. Needless to say we ordered a new one just in case. Should be in tomorrow. The tech says the only thing that can be the problem is the injectors. Now I’m not denying that very well could be the issue, but I take everything the service departments say with grain of salt. I am just continually surprised with the amount of things I have had to replace on a machine with such little hours on it. If you have any light you can shed on this it would be greatly appreciated and if you’ve had similar issues please share. Thanks for your help!

Last edited: