Help with lever and fulcrum math

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
what is the seat pad made from? Looks like one of those thick pads you see at the lawn and garden stores to save your knees!
This cushion is gel filled, sold by a medical supply house. Interesting on the knee pads, I will have to check them out!

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Thanks for everyones help! I have a pretty good idea of the math involved and the forces I will be generating.

I will post pictures of completed lift assuming I do not have to completely re-engineer!
I was hoping to see your finished project. I hope all is well.

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I was hoping to see your finished project. I hope all is well.
All is well, thanks for asking!
I got busy with Deer season, then the holidays so have not been in the shop for a bit. I do know I need to do some tweaking on the channel that the dolly rides in to take some of the "slop" out.
I will post follow up pictures etc when completed.

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Update on my seat lift. I was able to get out to the shop and work on my seat lift and today was able to mount and dismount the tractor without issues.
I now have the seat size worked out and will build a seat with a 1/8 inch metal pan with small back rest and side hand holds. I am also running a lap belt for safety concerns.

Along with that I will tidy up my wiring for the winch and then build a heavy gauge metal "box" cover for the winch to keep it safe from branches, rain, snow. I also intend to install a grab handle on the box. Getting off and on told me where I will benefit having additional grab handles.

Attachments

Last edited: