Not open for further replies.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Re: Man Made Global COOLING?!

I don't find the terminology scary, and the website you link goes on to define what they mean. Anybody that has even the fuzziest idea of what the atmosphere is would understand that you can't make a hole in it like a hole in a sock. Afraid I don't have much sympathy for folks that didn't pay attention in school.
Another characteristic ive found with people who fell for the man made climate change hoax is that some get NASTY when they are challenged about its legitimacy and go on to make predictable insulting, derogatory comments to the challenger. Proven fact!!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

See sheepfarmer thats the problem, they did not will not or cannot pay attention, because they believe that they are privileged. And rather than dig a bit and Lord forbid actually think for then selves, well thats out of the question. These same people believe what ever then boob tube tells them. They become the tools of those that instill fear to gain power or money or both, and those slugs are to stupid to understand they are being used.
Sorry, but that is something that has bothered me since they started dumbing down of our youth way back when I was a kid.
I was lucky I had a Father that taught me to think for my self be a free thinker and think outside the box

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

Like this moron that won't admit that two lines roughy track each other:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x63cknr
That nut was holding up a chart with weather data from 1880 and sourced by NASA.... Nasa was around in 1880? Did Climate start in 1880?

Earths been cooling and climate has been changing for millions of years according to SCIENCE so how is man warming the globe now and how was he doing it millions of years ago?

Anyway, why dont we all just get honest and call it what it is:

Mother Nature Made Global Cooling

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

D2 the biggest problem is not usually the scientists, but those people who "interpret" glorify, and embellish their data.
Actually, the problem are LIES told to us rather than truths. This makes it hard to decipher whats real and whats a lie.
I believe you guys just said the same thing, but differently, and I don't disagree with either of you.

I try to stay out of this whole conversation myself, because I honestly don't know what's real. My education focused on our natural environment. I'm pretty good at processing environmental data, but like both sheep and motionclone said; I don't know what the REAL data is....

As a forester, I know in the northeast you can almost easily see poor tree growth (via small growth rings when cut down) in the 1960's due to high temperatures and drought.

The Earth has gone through many cyclic climate variations, sometimes attributed catastrophic events such as volcanic or asteroid activity, in theory. I don't recall a specific/known cause for the most recent Ice-age, which was just 10-15,000 years ago (I think?).

What I tend to watch more than anything is the mean sea level. Flooding in Venice Italy was just on TV. Mean sea levels are consistently recorded as increasing throughout the world. Certainly REAL, objective data.

Many experts will couple that with "other" data to twist their theories for/against the climate change argument.

Where I have a problem is whether this is man-made, a natural cycle, or a combination of both??

My other problem is that my Empire State is implementing Energy-related legislation that I can see crippling the state as a viable place to live, work, or generate a viable economy in the next generation. Who's data are those legislators using??

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

Since we continually get information that is incomplete or misleading from the truth, wouldn't we all be better off without any what we call "news reports"?

This would force everyone to discern for themselves the meaning of data. One would have to determine who paid for the study, how it was done, what does it mean to them.

I think of things like reports on eggs, cholesterol, coffee...just to name a few that have been revised many times in the last 20 years. So how many eggs will actually cause a person's early death? What is a "normal" cholesterol level? Is coffee good, or is it bad for your system. If so, how much?

Another benefit of no news would be not hearing for the first 5 minutes how many homicides, drive by shootings, happened in the last few hours. Maybe without this knowledge there would be fewer deaths by copy cats.

Yep, we're getting boxed in by information overload, and the more we get the less attention we pay to what's important.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Man Made Global COOLING?!

Since we continually get information that is incomplete or misleading from the truth, wouldn't we all be better off without any what we call "news reports"?.

‘Cat, I’m not proud to say it but I don’t watch national news for all the reasons you mention, and not due to climate stuff. Haven’t for years. Trust me, I’m happier that way![emoji41]

I do watch the local news and the Weather Channel....I get the climate stuff from weather channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

Climate is changing...like it always has. Right now in the short, thousands of years trend, we are warming.

Over the course of history its been on a downward trend, earth is cooling overall.

Politicians, knowing how to take advantage of dumb people, have used this trend and manipulated science and data to further several agendas.

If there was FOR SURE man made global warming/climate change/cooling/purple unicorns, there would be no argument against it.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada

If you want to see how gullable and easily mislead people can be...

Go into a crowded room and have everyone chant '4 + 5 makes 10' for say 10 minutes. be silent for 1 minute, then yell out 'Quick, what's 4 + 5' ?

yup, someone, maybe a few, will say 10....

sheeple....

saw the other day, someone caculated that if man burned off all the fossil fuels and trees that the Earth's temperature would NOT go up.... seems there's a few ocean's full of cold water, and there's NOT enough BTUs in teh burning to actually raise the temperature.

Jay

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014

RCW, I understand the idea of not watching the news. I try to avoid it. I know the weather usually comes on at 16 minutes after the hour, and that is followed by sports, then the news is finished until the next scheduled time! But what about those that do watch it all? The fall for anything.

An example. Several months ago a group of Kansas City residents began a campaign to change the name of a main street in the city. The street was The Paseo or Paseo Boulevard. It is a main north-south street running through the city. So in Jan. of this year KC Council renames The Paseo for Martin Luther King, Jr . Then there was a campaign to rename fit The Paseo.

Just this last week they changed the name back to The Paseo. Can you imagine the cost to a business for signage, letterheads, business cards, and misc. then reverse the name again? The results of too much news, and people who do not think for themselves!!

https://www.435mag.com/kansas-citys...s-headed-to-the-ballot-and-the-national-news/

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN

saw the other day, someone caculated that if man burned off all the fossil fuels and trees that the Earth's temperature would NOT go up.... seems there's a few ocean's full of cold water, and there's NOT enough BTUs in teh burning to actually raise the temperature.

Jay
It isn't the heat generated by the burning of fossil fuels that is causing warming, it's CO2 and other gasses released into the atmosphere that trap solar energy causing the atmosphere to heat up. Methane leaking from oil and gas wells is an even more potent greenhouse gas, and also why there is a concern about raising 10s of millions of cattle whose farts are mostly methane.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

It isn't the heat generated by the burning of fossil fuels that is causing warming, it's CO2 and other gasses released into the atmosphere that trap solar energy causing the atmosphere to heat up. Methane leaking from oil and gas wells is an even more potent greenhouse gas, and also why there is a concern about raising 10s of millions of cattle whose farts are mostly methane.
Why dont they call it Cattle made climate change then? Or Fart made climate change?

Why do people who believe the hoax insist on driving Electric cars which are charged by coal fired power plants? Those give off lots of CO2.

Dont all humans and most animals exhale CO2? Havent they been exhaling for all of eternity? Should we make some people stop breathing out but in is OK?

Last edited:

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Why dont they call it Cattle made climate change then? Or Fart made climate change?

Why do people who believe the hoax insist on driving Electric cars which are charged by coal fired power plants? Those give off lots of CO2.

Dont all humans and most animals exhale CO2? Havent they been exhaling for all of eternity? Should we make some people stop breathing out but in is OK?

Your confusing CO2, Carbon dioxide, what we and other animals breathe out and what trees and plants like to take in.

With CO, carbon monoxide, what you car, truck, tractor, and fires put out.

Last edited:

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

Your confusing CO2, Carbon dioxide, what we and other animals breathe out and what trees and plants like to take in.

With CO, carbon monoxide, what you car, truck, tractor, and fires put out.
Man made global warming expert in post #31 called it CO2

, it's CO2 and other gasses released into the atmosphere that trap solar energy causing the atmosphere to heat up. Methane leaking from oil and gas wells is an even more potent greenhouse gas, and also why there is a concern about raising 10s of millions of cattle whose farts are mostly methane.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Actually a lot of the methane produced by ruminants is produced in the rumen if I remember correctly, and released when they chew their cud, so maybe better think of it as burps rather than farts :)

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Combustion in fires and engines produces CO2 and H20 as the immediate byproduct and uses up O2. It also produces CO.

Motionclones point about electric cars and electric heat using electricity produced by the burning of coal is a valid one, and the question is which is more efficient? That is the reason for using solar panels, wind turbines, and nuclear reactors instead of coal to generate electricity.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada

The problem with the CO2 heating up the air, is that the 'heat' gets transferred to the water of the oceans. They are a HUGE 'heatsink' and can absorb far more energy than all the energy created by burning all the fossil fuels.

You need to remember that 'global warming science' has come from the same group that says bumblebees cannot fly.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014

We see a lot more emphasis to quit eating beef because of reported methane gas cattle produce. How many years of making such statements about eliminating beef will it take to get folks to quit? Two years ago the US exported 3.2 billion tons of beef, so some other folks will also have to be convinced to quit eating beef.

What can we trust when we read? We live in a time when many "independent" studies make a declaration, and we're suppose to believe it lock stock and barrel.

National Geographic says, "... about a third of all the methane floating in the modern atmosphere comes from wetlands." How we going to solve that production? But can we even believe that?

The biggest problem we have is dishonesty in reporting and print!

Status
Not open for further replies.