Rear Blade with Offset for BX

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Hi-

Are there any manufacturer's that make a rear blade with an offset feature, that would suitable for a BX? I've found a couple, but they all seem too large for this tractor.

Any help would be appreciated!

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
Are there any manufacturer's that make a rear blade with an offset feature, that would suitable for a BX? I've found a couple, but they all seem too large for this tractor.
The Land Pride blades suitable for a BX can be offset by using alternate bolt holes on the moldboard. https://cdn-assets.greatplainsmfg.com/ari/attach/lp/public/features/301-143f.pdf

I'm pretty sure I've seen the same on other makes, too. That's okay, I guess, if you want to always keep it offset the same way.

But if you want offset that you can adjust on the fly--I too haven't seen that on anything for a sub-compact.

Oct 24, 2019
IN
Is this going to be for snow clearing? I'd be interested in hearing more about what you've found so far. I'd like to find something I can drag at an angle that has a rubber edge. Sidewalks and driveways are too wonky around here to use a metal cutting edge.

bluedunn

Equipment
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Is this going to be for snow clearing? I'd be interested in hearing more about what you've found so far. I'd like to find something I can drag at an angle that has a rubber edge. Sidewalks and driveways are too wonky around here to use a metal cutting edge.
Hi-

Yea, that's the idea. I'll be using this on my packed gravel driveway. If the PVC doesn't work, I may switch it up to black plastic tubing, which is less brittle in my experience.

I think my current blade may be a wee bit too small as it's a leftover from my garden tractor days and is only 40" wide. But hey, it was sitting in my garage and hooking it up to my BX was cheaper (for now) than going out and buying one new.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Unless you are dealing with powder snow, all an offset blade is going to do is shove you sideways.
My L will cat walk all the way down the road with the bladed off set and angled. ;)

This is why they don't sell them for small tractors.

Cfrazer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2670-1,FEL, BX5450, BBox, GS1548, RB1560, QH05, AI2 Forks, SS Curtis Cab
Jan 22, 2018
North Rose, NY, USA

I use a horse stall mat wrapped around my rear blade - acts like a squeegee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluedunn

Equipment
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Unless you are dealing with powder snow, all an offset blade is going to do is shove you sideways.
My L will cat walk all the way down the road with the bladed off set and angled. ;)

Oh, good point - hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the info!

Oct 24, 2019
IN

Can you say a bit more about this? It sounds like you're saying that an angled scraper blade is basically useless. I can't quite figure it, because I've watched plenty of videos of people using scraper blades on sub-compacts and doing just fine.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Can you say a bit more about this? It sounds like you're saying that an angled scraper blade is basically useless. I can't quite figure it, because I've watched plenty of videos of people using scraper blades on sub-compacts and doing just fine.
Not just angled, but offset by swinging the main beam to the side, like this blade can do.

Bruce

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea like BCP stated when the unit is off set it multiplies the force greatly and will cause it to kick the back end over.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Yea like BCP stated when the unit is off set it multiplies the force greatly and will cause it to kick the back end over.
Here is an offset blade photo.

The other way to get an offset is to remount the blade to the side of the non-swinging beam.

Bruce

Attachments

Last edited:

kskomro

Equipment
BX1880, Loader, Rear Blade 60", Carry all
Feb 25, 2014
Center of CT
Hey I like that Idea! I'm going to try that. I was going to also try the PVC on it. I'm currently in process of making a 5' wood snow pusher for the front of my bucket.

origami

Equipment
'12 BX25. Previous: '95 B1700
Apr 18, 2016
Leesburg, VA
Everything Attachments has a 60" 6 way blade that does what I think you are talking about.
I have this EA six-way blade on my little BX and it works fine offset, uphill and through snow (with chains) as much as 12 inches deep. I'll normally offset and angle the blade enough to roll snow off into the ditches bordering the driveway until I get to our flat landing pad next to the garage doors. Then I'll center and reverse the blade and bulldoze snow to the edges of the pad. It's a good blade and makes for quick work once you get the hang of it.

GordonE

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 21, 2017
Carleton Place ont canada
I own a BX2380 and use a Landpride RB0560 for snow removal. The RB0560 can be offset by unbolting the blade and reattaching in an offset location. I have never done this and plow snow with the blade in the centered position.

I did have problems with the steel cutting edge and tried shoes which helped but was not perfect. In the end I bought a 3/4 inch stall mat from TSC cut a 5 inch strip and mounted the foam rubber strip between the cutting edge and the moldboard of the blade. I turned the cutting edge upside down and reversed side to side. The stall matt strip sticks out a little over an inch below the cutting edge/blade. I find this combo effective plowing snow on interlocking brick. gravel and grass.