BX2750D outer edges/cutting edge bent

CEdwards

Oct 29, 2019
Enniskillen
Hey gents I just bought a used BX2750D which was hard to come
By and I noticed that the outer two edges(that feed snow to the auger, or the front two corners)are bent inwards slightly which isn’t normal.

The cutting edge is also bent back on the right side.

I have two questions. Is it easy to take off the cutting edge and heat up to bend back or am I better off buying a new one? Also what would
Be the easiest way I could bend the other corners back straight without damaging my blower?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
snow blowers take a beating from some operators that abuse them by running into things like walls, etc.. You can gently reshape the sides with a 3 or 4 pound dead blow plastic faced hammer, while someone else firmly holds a block of wood at the curve or crease.. I myself have bent the edges, by running into hard compacted snow in an attempt to push back the edge of the driveway to make room for the next snow fall. I have since learned that once the snow has set, that it is rough on the machine to pulverize the snow, and blow it away. Now, I do all my widening while the snow is fresh.
As for the cutting edge, it is easy to remove if you have a strong impact wrench, and pre treat the bolts with Deep Creep. You can then flip the cutting edge over and get more wear out of it. A new cutting edge is about $35 or $40 and easy to change.
More important that the cosmetics of the blower, is the condition of the bearings and the drive line. I found that mine had accumulated moisture in the gear box, which was an easy fix.. Removed the fill plug and vent, and rolled the blower over so the augers faced the ground. I cut down a 2 liter soda bottle to catch the oil that came out, and refilled it with fresh 80-90 gear oil. I lube my chain with chainsaw bar oil, and have spare chain, connectors, and shear pins for when something comes apart.
I also spray the augers, inside the blower, and the chute with vegetable oil spray (Pam). Just remember, never attempt to clear a clog in the chute with our hand, because you are liable to leave it in the chute, if the auger were to move. Snow blowers can be as dangerous as chain saws if you get careless.

CEdwards

Oct 29, 2019
Enniskillen
Thanks so much for the info I am quite new when it comes to owning a diesel tractor. I would like to pick your brain again for another issue.

I have the quick hitch bracket(2751) with the snowblower for the 2750D. I however do not have the 2752 mid PTO bracket. The bracket on the front of my tractor is shown on the picture below but I am worried that when I take the bucket off and try to install the quick hitch there aren't the two holes required for both pins.

I am guessing this is where the 2752 mid PTO bracket comes in handy? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
What model tractor are you attempting to install the BX2750 snow blower on? The BX2750, including all the sub models, A, B, C, D, etc. use a Quick Hitch. I am not certain of the model number, and doing a quick search on the Messick website, I found a hitch diagram that is similar, if not the same as the one that I have on my BX22. It is BX2711, and this is for installing a snow blade. If you want to use this hitch with a snow blower, you have to install the drive parts to this hitch that connect the front PTO splined shaft to the hitch. In short, you will need a driveshaft, and the intermediate parts that mount onto the quick hitch, and the blower shaft mount to it. Here is a video that will help you to understand the installation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CxwVjxAwbo