Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Buying Advice, Recommendations & Pricing

Buying Advice, Recommendations & Pricing Looking at starting or growing your Kubota equipment collection? Unsure if you have found a good deal or not?

Old 07-30-2019   #1
AJared
1st Yr. Apprentice

Default Kubota RTV XG850 Sidekick Experience?

I am looking to purchase a UTV and was wondering if anyone here has first hand experience with the RTV XG850 Sidekick and what your thoughts are regarding reliability and performance compared to other UTVs on the market? I am looking for a machine to work around the farm mostly. Thanks!
AJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2019   #2
man00
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Default Re: Kubota RTV XG850 Sidekick Experience?

I bought one a week or so ago, I can't say anything on the reliability but for our needs it does everything asked. It is quick and seems to have all the power I need, the ride is smooth I mean smooth. I bought the black with alloy wheels.
I would take a look at the Kawi line first.
man00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019   #3
AJared
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by man00 View Post
I bought one a week or so ago, I can't say anything on the reliability but for our needs it does everything asked. It is quick and seems to have all the power I need, the ride is smooth I mean smooth. I bought the black with alloy wheels.
Thanks for the info! Ballpark what kind of price should I expect to pay? Thanks!
Old 07-30-2019   #4
man00
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajared View Post
thanks for the info! Ballpark what kind of price should i expect to pay? Thanks!
13900-14*** depends on what options you add also
Old 07-31-2019   #5
AJared
1st Yr. Apprentice

Thank you for the info!
Old 07-31-2019   #6
Cathy Liebchen
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Location: Atlanta, GA, Mineral Bluff, GA, and Blount County, AL
Equipment: KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by man00 View Post
we looked at the RTV and went with the Kawasaki Mule Pro. We use the tractor to drag things around and go slow, which seemed to be the main appeal of the RTV
Cathy Liebchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019   #7
SidecarFlip

Master Tech

Equipment: M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota Sidekick RTV,

We went to the fair (just got back actually) and I bought one, well my wife bought it, I'm paying for it......

She was looking at the diesel one but they are too slow for her so it's the 40 mph gasser. She's getting a roof, split windshield and Rhino Lined bed in Kubota orange of course.

Don't know who builds the powerplant (not Kubota) but it's a twin overhead cam water cooled twin with 2 range 4 wheel drive and power steering.

Now, I have to sell my quad.

Neat little side by side.
Old 07-31-2019   #8
man00
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
We went to the fair (just got back actually) and I bought one, well my wife bought it, I'm paying for it......

She was looking at the diesel one but they are too slow for her so it's the 40 mph gasser. She's getting a roof, split windshield and Rhino Lined bed in Kubota orange of course.

Don't know who builds the powerplant (not Kubota) but it's a twin overhead cam water cooled twin with 2 range 4 wheel drive and power steering.

Now, I have to sell my quad.

Neat little side by side.
I think Subaru builds the engine or did...Kubota is suppose to take over in the future if they haven't already
Old 08-01-2019   #9
SidecarFlip

Master Tech

Equipment: M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota Sidekick RTV,

Typical me, I looked it over carefully and it's a well built machine, typical Kubota. Said to Dennis, 'you want me to sign any papers/". He said of course not, you want one we will get one, set it up the way (my wife) wants and deliver it and then we will do the paperwork. Nice dealing with my dealer, why I won't go anywhere else.
Old 08-01-2019   #10
Saxman
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L3830 ZD21

I agree they are Subaru engines and will soon be Kubota manufactured. Iím glad to see they are getting into the dual purpose work/play market with the RTV line. I have a RTV 1120 diesel and I love it for me. It is a heavy duty work machine. I totally understand the disappointment if you want to go fast. There are lots of machines out there that can go fast that would have been a better choice if speed is your priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saxman is offline   Reply With Quote