What's cookin' boys?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
What I want to know is how you got that cut out of the part in the back of your truck :confused::confused::confused:
Well, let's just say us po' folk here in upstate NY can be resourceful....:p

Really, the head was in the beef farmer's truck, and he has guys that like to leave them out in a hedgerow for a couple months.

When they come back, they have a nice, clean skull to decorate ANY fashionable redneck man-cave!:p

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Well, let's just say us po' folk here in upstate NY can be resourceful....:p

Really, the head was in the beef farmer's truck, and he has guys that like to leave them out in a hedgerow for a couple months.

When they come back, they have a nice, clean skull to decorate ANY fashionable redneck man-cave!:p
I think you got the better end of the deal :D:D although beef tongue is pretty tasty when cooked right. I need a good recipe for grilling it though.

(We used to make skeletons and skulls for teaching vet students with colonies of beetles, they do come out nice. Wouldn't be my idea of interior decor at home though :p)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
"(We used to make skeletons and skulls for teaching vet students with colonies of beetles, they do come out nice. Wouldn't be my idea of interior decor at home though )"

I've tied that part of a critter with wire to a rock and let it totally underwater for a couple of weeks. (Had the wire come over to the edge of the pond and wrapped around a bush so I could drag it out to check it) Came up nice and clean. I think the fish had picked it clean.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Tonight we're having barbecue baby back ribs, fried Idaho spuds with onions and mixed veggies.:)
Sounds good!

For us - I call it "Mixed Grill." Tonight was some hamburgers complements of the pictured critter with the horns, Carmen Basilio's hot sausage patties (Carmen was a professional boxer from Utica, NY), and some regional Hoffmann's Hot Dogs!

Jim Boeheim, Coach of the Syracuse University basketball team, is now part owner of Hoffmann's and the group wants to take them national. Been a favorite of mine for many years!

Some day, I'll show you guys speidies and salt potatoes - both local to upstate New York. Both have gotten more widespread over the years - just look at Buffalo chicken wings!:D

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Sounds good!

For us - I call it "Mixed Grill." Tonight was some hamburgers complements of the pictured critter with the horns, Carmen Basilio's hot sausage patties (Carmen was a professional boxer from Utica, NY), and some regional Hoffmann's Hot Dogs!

Jim Boeheim, Coach of the Syracuse University basketball team, is now part owner of Hoffmann's and the group wants to take them national. Been a favorite of mine for many years!

Some day, I'll show you guys speidies and salt potatoes - both local to upstate New York. Both have gotten more widespread over the years - just look at Buffalo chicken wings!:D
I remember Carmen Basillio.He was a great fighter.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I remember Carmen Basillio.He was a great fighter.
I got to know him a some at a bar/restaurant I worked at 30+ years ago. We were a good customer for our catering business. Used 100-500 pounds of Basilio's a week all summer long.

Great fighter, sausage, and a real classy guy!:D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Our wedding anniversary - 27 years! :cool::cool:

Tomatoes are good now, and she likes shrimp. The pasta and shrimp thing is a Fra Diavlo - kinda spicy.:D

I was a restaurant cook many years ago, and am pretty good at it still!:p

Attachments

Last edited:

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
From the garden, Stowell's Evergreen sweet corn, tomatoes, lettuce, green beans, onions, garlic, cayenne peppers. Also, on the grill, ribeye steaks with Sweet Baby Ray's Original recipe. No need to improve on what Sweet Baby Ray has perfected. The steaks will be finished cooking in the time it takes me to down exactly one bottle of Bud. After a remembrance prayer for our troops, we dig in.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Tonight is a local thing - speidies. They're marinated meat in a locally concocted speidie sauce.

Started with lamb, but most now do chicken, pork, or sometimes beef. Venison speidies were my twin daughters' favorite.:D:D

They started in the Binghamton, NY area, and there are a couple companies that sell the sauce commercially.

Great on a Kaiser roll, with siracha, picante, or roasted jalapenos!

We're having chicken and pork speidies, along with local sweet corn, pasta, chop, and macaroni salads. The Mrs. is also making a peach cobbler!

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Man, you keep cooking like that and posted all this good stuff :D Your gonna end up with quite a few of us members inviting ourselves over for dinner :p:p

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
Breakfast Texas Style. The taters will go on shortly and
then the eggs. The Bacon is just there to keep us going
until the steaks were ready. I ran into Kevin and his son
Matthew in Mexico last summer. They are from up north
and we got around to discussing hogs. Well low and behold,
they showed up shortly after Christmas. They never saw a
hog but caught a lot of fish, shot ducks and then doves.
A very good time was had by all.

Attachments

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
It's a cold, rainy, dreary day here. So tonight we're having pinto beans with ham hocks, fried taters with lots of onions and cornbread.
Won't be much of a romantic evening.:eek::D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
It's a cold, rainy, dreary day here. So tonight we're having pinto beans with ham hocks, fried taters with lots of onions and cornbread.
Won't be much of a romantic evening.:eek::D
Send some of that rain this way ;) got a yard to seed :p

We're having warmed up ribs. Cooked them last night then my wife had to work a double. Saved them for tonight, and will warm up on the grill. fried taters and okra to finish it off :D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Looks good to me! Wine, too! IMG_0148.jpg
Grilled salmon with other goodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user