The Site won't let me upload photos.

Hodgy

Equipment
B7800, front blade, box blade, subsoiler & 3 PTH snowblower
Apr 19, 2019
Canada

I have uploaded photos before, my albums are not full.

The site won't let me upload photos. Just says "upload failed", anyone else ?

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
I just stick with the thumbnail sizes, but you must reduce your photo size. 1064 x something rings a bell. I haven't a clue how you get the big photos, but, then again, nothing I do is so important that I have to change how the site loads

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada
I just stick with the thumbnail sizes, but you must reduce your photo size. 1064 x something rings a bell. I haven't a clue how you get the big photos, but, then again, nothing I do is so important that I have to change how the site loads

Reduced them to 800 x 800, still no load . . . . .

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

I have uploaded photos before, my albums are not full.

The site won't let me upload photos. Just says "upload failed", anyone else ?

What type of file?
And it's not really the size of the photo, it's the size of the file that is probably stopping you.

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada
What type of file?
And it's not really the size of the photo, it's the size of the file that is probably stopping you.

JPG photo, 286 KB, reduced to 800 x 800 pixels not large at all.

I have not had trouble loading photos before, something is up with my profile or the site . . . . . .

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
JPG photo, 286 KB, reduced to 800 x 800 pixels not large at all.

I have not had trouble loading photos before, something is up with my profile or the site . . . . . .

I don't think there is any issue with the site or your profile.
Tell me exactly how your trying to upload the file, as things might have changed when they updated a little while ago.

Hodgy

Equipment
Apr 19, 2019
Canada
I don't think there is any issue with the site or your profile.
Tell me exactly how your trying to upload the file, as things might have changed when they updated a little while ago.

User CP, pictures and albums, go to a album, upload photos, select file and upload. It fiddle farts around for 2 or 3 minutes and then comes back with "upload failed".

If you are a Mod, try and upload using my profile.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
User CP, pictures and albums, go to a album, upload photos, select file and upload. It fiddle farts around for 2 or 3 minutes and then comes back with "upload failed".

Yes I'm a mod, but I can't get into you profile, that private only to you.

I did find out that the file you're trying to upload is too large, it can only be 150kb maximum in albums.

I think it might have changed via the last update/fix.

Attachments

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

Same problem I've been having the last month or so. I also never had a problem before but just too much going on right now to worry about it much.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Sunset. Wife took the photo with her phone from our front yard in Peoria, AZ. Completely untouched, unaltered. We get some killer sunsets here.:)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I must be doing the same operation as Hodgy because I get the same results. When I had an an older phone and Windows 7 I had no problems. After I got Windows 10 pictures that did load are sideways, even pictures I too a few years ago. with the new phone pictures are too large, so I have to resize them but they are still sideways and small.

I need a picture taking, posting class!

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I must be doing the same operation as Hodgy because I get the same results. When I had an an older phone and Windows 7 I had no problems. After I got Windows 10 pictures that did load are sideways, even pictures I too a few years ago. with the new phone pictures are too large, so I have to resize them but they are still sideways and small.

I need a picture taking, posting class!
You need Windows 7 back. I'll give it up and go to Linux before I'll go to Windows 10. Too many horror stories of forced updates borking systems and getting BSODs.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
You need Windows 7 back. I'll give it up and go to Linux before I'll go to Windows 10. Too many horror stories of forced updates borking systems and getting BSODs.
I've been using a Mac Mini for a long time now and it's been great but it has been taking a lot of updates lately which could have something to do with it. When I was running a windows system it went from bad to worst. I downgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and then got so fed up with it I wiped it and put Linux Mint on it which was a great system and I still have it but the MM works so good it's hard to change. Sorry, here I go wondering off again.:rolleyes:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Here is a test pic from me...

I click on MANAGE ATTACHMENTS in the ADDITIONAL OPTIONS window below the text window and that opens a window that lets me search for my pics. It automatically goes to Web Pics (where all my down-sized pics are for web use).

I use Lightroom for photo file management. I have an export file I named Web Pics and everything going to that file gets down-sized to 1024 by 72 which tends to yield the full res picture on a monitor for the fewest jiggly-bites of space. At that resolution, I have never had a problem uploading online...

:)

Attachments

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN

Attachments

Last edited: