2750 Snowblower Hydrolic Color Coding

ShadowDad

Equipment
BX25D
Nov 16, 2019
Leavenworth, WA, USA
purchased a used bx25 and 2750 snowblower, i would like to verify the color coding on the hyrdolic lines, there are colored zip-ties on the lines, one white and one yellow. no colored caps so i thought i better check. thx in advance

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
Lines for which? The up/down for the hitch are on the two outside connectors on the tractor. The hydraulic chute rotator is on the inside 2 connectors. Don't recall the colors, but easy to figure out once you try to rotate or raise/lower the front blower.
Mine have different color tie wraps on them, just whatever the previous owner decided to mark them with, and tried to match whatevewr he had on the tractor end. The caps are in fact different colors.
My lines are marked 1 to 4 on the lines themselves, from top to bottom. No need for color codes, just hook up based on marks on the lines themselves.

Last edited:

ShadowDad

Equipment
BX25D
Nov 16, 2019
Leavenworth, WA, USA
you are correct, yellow and white are the outside connectors (up and down). all i need to do now is put the chains on and the snow can come (not as cold out west as you have had it)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I have the same blower on a BX2360. No rotation, just lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
I have the same blower on a BX2360. No rotation, just lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you need to relabel your hoses. You may remember it now but if your like me, one day you'll forget and hook it up color to color and wonder why it doesn't work.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I think you need to relabel your hoses. You may remember it now but if your like me, one day you'll forget and hook it up color to color and wonder why it doesn't work.
When new, I assembled the blower. It came with a couple red and blue bands. They're on the male and female sides of the lift circuit, but don't show well in the picture.

But true; I have put on the dump/curl circuit, 'cuz it matches the caps...:eek:

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Kubota has two different colors schemes for the FEL vs the blower connections.

The connector caps are colors to connect the loader hoses.

There is a colored ring on the connector to match for the blower hoses.

Hyd Line colors.jpg

Notice the blue ring on the white connector cap. The yellow cap has a red ring for the other hose.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I use Kubota color matching rubber/vinyl hydraulic fitting caps on my snow blower, and they match the correct fittings that are used for the various lines. It takes a few minutes to install them, but it saves a lot of trial and error time when installing the snow blower lines. The most time you will spend is finding the part number for the individual colors in the parts catalog.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Notice the blue ring on the white connector cap. The yellow cap has a red ring for the other hose.
Yep - I've got the same arrangement as Howling.

I just put the colored rings in different spots when I assembled it.