New B2650

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
UPDATE: Dealer has everything in the shop (as of Monday) and are assembling it now...

No idea how long that will take...I'm off tomorrow so I am hoping they call me today to come to the shop and look at it.
Congrats on the new machine.

If you plan on doing some grubbing/digging, get yourself a tooth bar for your loader bucket. They make a huge difference in digging performance of a light weight machine like ours.

Best of luck to you.

Zaicran

Equipment
B2650, 72" MMM, LA534+QA, RCR1260
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
Congrats on the new machine.

If you plan on doing some grubbing/digging, get yourself a tooth bar for your loader bucket. They make a huge difference in digging performance of a light weight machine like ours.

Best of luck to you.
Toothbar? hmmm, guess I'll have to google that.

Zaicran

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
I had to wait a month for mine as well. Longest 30 days of my life. You will forget all about how long you waited for it after you get it and start using it. ;)
It's done! BUT, as luck would have it, I'm away on business and won't get back until Thursday night...so Friday morning I'm going to their shop to kick the tires!

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
I got to pick mine.....they had three waiting to be built....

Took three (3) weeks total.......and it seems so long ago......(238 hours of operation time to be exact) :)

Your gonna love it!

Attachments

Zaicran

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
I got to pick mine.....they had three waiting to be built....

Took three (3) weeks total.......and it seems so long ago......(238 hours of operation time to be exact) :)

Your gonna love it!
It was delivered yesterday late afternoon...put her to bed right away...will get her out today and fiddle.

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Looks great man! This is my next tractor.. I often over work my little bx and tho it handles it well I know my time before repairs will be more often with how hard I work it.. b series is next on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zaicran

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
If you honestly think you will want a FEL in the future, you should (IMHO) get it now with the initial sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Super glad you made this recommendation, and super glad I listened....literally needed the FEL within one day of ownership..I'm working on clearing out an area to put the small barn that she will eventually park in...and I was like..."hey wait a minute...I got the FEL...letter rip".

Took me about 30 minutes with the FEL to clear/level the spot the barn is going.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I believe you will find the fel a frequently used tool. Even as a powered wheel barrow it's a back saver.
Here's my latest fel use :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zaicran

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
I believe you will find the fel a frequently used tool. Even as a powered wheel barrow it's a back saver.
Here's my latest fel use :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, i've got some old wood piled up behind a barn Iwould like to get rid of (burn)...too mcuh rain last few days but eventually I'm going to use the FEL to move it to a pile somewhere and torch it. Instead of carrying it by hand.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Late to this thread. I was going to say the same thing to the OP when I read his post. GET THAT FEL!! I would never spend thousands on a tractor just to mow grass! You will find hudnreds of things to do over the next year where that FEL will save your back. you will wonder why you ever considered getting a tractor without it I promise you.

I got a new L2501 back in May, it is the slightly bigger brother to the B2650, with less comfort features, but a little more size and power. The FEL has been just about the primary use for the tractor so far. Im clearing nearly a full acre of woods and turning into yard - a big conversion. Lots of heavy FEL work pushing tree tops into piles to burn, stacking big heavy logs to be used for firewood later, then dragging the area flat using 3 pt implements, then finally, harrowing the area and planting grass seed. The FEL has saved me days worth of manual work. The only other attachment id suggest, that I have found super useful is a box blade. Moving dirt around, leveling ground, and is a perfect ballast to leave on the tractor full time with working with the FEL. Did the dealer load your rear tires?

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
The only other attachment id suggest, that I have found super useful is a box blade. Moving dirt around, leveling ground, and is a perfect ballast to leave on the tractor full time with working with the FEL.
Uh, yeah ^^^^^^ that's the ticket!
I have box blades on my two B7510's and a conventional scraper blade on the B2410. The only reason the B2410 wears a conventional blade is because I got it very cheap. It is in every way inferior to a box blade.

Having the box blade installed really does balance the tractor nicely for FEL work. Plus it's so sweet to drop a bucket of gravel going backwards, then move forward with the box blade to smooth it out. Really a perfect combination if you're doing any kind of soil leveling or smoothing. For winter ops it's great to back up to the garage door, drop the box blade and pull the snow away from within inches of the door, into a pile that can then be moved much further with a single pass of the snow blower.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
That's on my short list...and a ballast box.
Do you know if your dealer loaded your rear tiers? That could add a few hundred pounds of ballast if they are filled. If you bought the tractor with the FEL installed as a package, I think most dealers fill the rear tires as standard practice, but I would look into if that's the case. If the dealer didnt mention it, and you are unsure, go poke the tire stem at 6 o'clock and check. Last thing I would suggest is if your tires are filled it may be worth it to check the level by rotating the stem to find where the level is. In my case and many others on here, the tires came really unevenly filled. In my case, one of my tires was 100% filled nearly, leaving hardly any room for air. The other tire was filled to around 65%. I had to drain the one to match the one at 65%. Just some suggestions. Enjoy that new tractor!

Last edited: