mulch kit for BX

curtiskubota

Equipment
Kubota BX2380
Apr 12, 2017
Jersey Shore, PA
My new BX2380 was just delivered this past weekend. (Attached. Isn't it pretty?) I ordered a mulch kit with it but it wasn't in yet, so I have to take the mower deck back to the dealer to have them install it in a couple days. My question is, has anyone ever used the mulch kit on a BX? I don't really have a lot of leaves, I'm more concerned with just keeping the grass clippings to a minimum. I've read some stories of people using them on other tractors saying it bogs down, but I haven't really seen any feedback for the BX mulching.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My new BX2380 was just delivered this past weekend. (Attached. Isn't it pretty?) I ordered a mulch kit with it but it wasn't in yet, so I have to take the mower deck back to the dealer to have them install it in a couple days. My question is, has anyone ever used the mulch kit on a BX? I don't really have a lot of leaves, I'm more concerned with just keeping the grass clippings to a minimum. I've read some stories of people using them on other tractors saying it bogs down, but I haven't really seen any feedback for the BX mulching.

I am sure as you know - mulching is simply cutting the "grass" into such small parts that it is hard to see on the grass and then becomes food for the grass again.

Two things have to happen - you need to contain the grass/leaves INSIDE the cutting housing, and more importantly, have blades that cut not only the grass but everything else that flies around inside.

The kit is not hard to put on - nor are the "gator" blades - if your kit does not come with mulching blades , then it will not work at it's best.

As for bogging down - wet, heavy leaves/grass will slow down most anything, grass needs to be cut dry and not too tall to be effective.

I think you will be pleased with the kit - as long as the grass/leaves do not become too much to cut up.....and sometimes that will happen, and another pass may be needed!;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Slow and steady with it and you will be one happy camper

Joec82

Equipment
Kubota BX2380
Mar 27, 2018
Pelham NH USA
Hello, Just purchased a bx2380, new to the subcompact tractor world. Anyone know where this mulch kit can be purchased? Dealer only? not finding anything online

fishinroc25

Equipment
Kubota BX1830 w/loader, custom front plow, 3-pt trailer hitch, Carry All
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
Hello, Just purchased a bx2380, new to the subcompact tractor world. Anyone know where this mulch kit can be purchased? Dealer only? not finding anything online

I searched the internet and also called some other smaller shops seeing if I could source the kits (my BX had two kits to make it complete). After many unsuccessful tries, I bit the bullet and ordered it through my local dealer. I haven’t installed it yet, still have some time up here in Western NY, but excited to see how it does. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigBKubota

Equipment
BX2380
Nov 12, 2019
King
Well it's been two year's with no reply. why no reply? I'm a new owner of a Bx2380 with leaves I need to mulch up. I really love reading post on forum's . But, Why can't anyone leave a conclusion on what they actually found out/resolved? A follow up reply does put some closer to a problem for other's.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
You don't need a "mulch kit". All you need to do is make a plate that covers the discharge hole. Putting on mulching blades will make it better.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Well it's been two year's with no reply. why no reply? I'm a new owner of a Bx2380 with leaves I need to mulch up. I really love reading post on forum's . But, Why can't anyone leave a conclusion on what they actually found out/resolved? A follow up reply does put some closer to a problem for other's.
BigB, we have to guess they don't understand the concept of helping someone else with their answer (that was given freely to them), or they are selfish.

Much like the person who goes to church and finds something to complain about. Never thinking they should go there to give to those with less understanding.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
If this answers your question:
I had a BX25 with 54” deck. I installed the mulch kit on the mmm and was pleased with the results.
I installed the mulching kit. The instructions were not the best, but they were enough to show me how to install it.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmgsr

Dec 19, 2018
PA
I had mine installed by the dealer as part of the sale.
I'm very happy I did. very seldom does the leaf blower ever come out.
And it eliminates where to put the leaves, fertilizer.

propuckstopper

Equipment
GR2010, BX2380
Jan 10, 2018
Canada

I have dealer installed mulch kits on both my older GR2010 and my 2017 BX2380. Both work extremely well, but you do need to keep your grass at a reasonable height. Regular mowing produces great results.