BX2816 skid shoes

Kendrix

Equipment
BX23S, Excavator, Loader, Snow Blowing
Apr 23, 2019
PA
Hello,
Has anyone found a plastic, or nylon type skid shoe replacements for the BX2816 front end snow blower attachment?

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
Hello,
Has anyone found a plastic, or nylon type skid shoe replacements for the BX2816 front end snow blower attachment?
Messicks has kubota OEM ones. There isn't a picture of them online, I've been meaning to call them and see if one of the parts guys can send me a pic but I haven't got around to it yet.

Fish Gap Rustics

Equipment
B 21
Nov 15, 2019
Blairsville,Ga.
I'm sorry to bother you but how do I input a question? I have been looking for 15 minutes and have looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find a way to post a question. Thanks

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
I'm sorry to bother you but how do I input a question? I have been looking for 15 minutes and have looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find a way to post a question. Thanks
First pick one of the forums, such as Implements & Attachments. When you are looking at all the topics, there should be a button that says "New Thread". Use that.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Bringing this thread back to top as a Duck Duck Go search led me here.
Brand new BX 2816 blower.
First storm 18 inches, worked great but did not scrape a clear bottom.
Upon looking the bottom edge still sits 3/4" above the pavement even with the skid shoe
at its lowest level.
I took off the bottom edge/wear bar, I thought it might be adjustable but it is not.
My options I guess:
1) Mod the shoes so it goes lower But the shoes have a nice notch to hold the bolts in place, pretty sure I can't re-create this notch.
2) Make the bottom edge adjustable by turning all the holes into slots.

Being a NewB and a shade-tree hack, I think what I'm going to do is purchase another set of shoes, cut the wear plate off, take out 1/2" + or so of material, then re-weld them back together. This way I don't mangle my tractor and have the original skids to fall back on.

KIMG0058.JPG

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
Wow that is bizarre. Wonder if holes drilled incorrectly? I'll try to take a measurement for you over this weekend, I have same blower. If holes are in same place, and it's shoes, mauve you can just get a new set from dealer to swap.