Kubota life expectancy ( hours )

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Howdy gang I have a L3830 with 860 hours and was wondering with regular maintanance and Im very anal about taking care of all my equipment we have cats on the ranch 60 + years old. How many hours are expscted before and overhaul is needed on a Kubota. Im thinking 7000 hours or more I do use my Kubota but never abuse it thank you for any replys.

sandskar1

Equipment
B6100D +FEL B7100D+frontmower
Dec 7, 2011
Luleå,Sweden
Hi!
I have a B6100DT with 5500hs Do not know its history. The hours shows but t is still fully functional. My B7100DT with 3500hs looks &feels brand new (well the clutch will probably need replacement within a year or two). Would be intersting to hear if there is any 10 000+ hour Kubota still working.
lasse

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Thanks for the info guys I only put 100 to 150 hours a year on my L3830 so Im thinking it may outlast me . Thanks again Dan.....

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
DAMN somebody had to have been driving that RTV like a daily driver to get 11852 hours on it. I didnt think they've been in production from Kubota that long to get those kind of hours on them.

Buse

Equipment
B6100 with FEL
Oct 3, 2011
Sweden
I have a B6100 D with 3450 hours on the meter. I have no idea hoe old the tractor is, but a guess is somewher like 1978..There is a vehicle number, 29611 a guess it is traceable to get a mfg year.
Apart from this - I need to swap some kind of seal as there is a oil leak when using the 3 pt hitch. And if there will be anything else but rain this winter - new electric harness. Done so far is fixing rust on the rear fenders, putting in a tube in left front tyre due to a "slow puncture". Also re sealing of one tilt cylinder to the FEL.
BR Benke

sandskar1

Equipment
B6100D +FEL B7100D+frontmower
Dec 7, 2011
Luleå,Sweden
Hi Buse!
Good to see another B6100 in Sweden. Have you imported it Yourself ? or? As far as I know Belus who used to be the agent for Kubota in sweden only imported B5100D and B7100D and made some attachments for them, e.g. mowers.
BR lasse

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
This post brings up a question I have. All my other tractors had an analog hour meter. My 2008 Kubota has a digital hour meter and I imagine bcbull's L3830 has a digital hour meter also. It seems to me that the digital hour meter racks up hours much faster than analog meters. I'm pretty sure the digital meter is running as soon as the switch is turned on. From what I have read, the analog meters compile hours when the engine reaches X number of rpms. If this is true, wouldn't it be possible for a tractor having 5000 hours on a digital meter to have less actual work hours than the same tractor having 5000 hours on an analog meter?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
This post brings up a question I have. All my other tractors had an analog hour meter. My 2008 Kubota has a digital hour meter and I imagine bcbull's L3830 has a digital hour meter also. It seems to me that the digital hour meter racks up hours much faster than analog meters. I'm pretty sure the digital meter is running as soon as the switch is turned on. From what I have read, the analog meters compile hours when the engine reaches X number of rpms. If this is true, wouldn't it be possible for a tractor having 5000 hours on a digital meter to have less actual work hours than the same tractor having 5000 hours on an analog meter?
I thought the analog meters ran off the key switch, compiling hours regarless of the rpm's. I don't always run mine at higher rpm's, and it compiles the time- I keep an eye on my hour meter, out of curiosity.

I have 702 hours on my B7100, putting about 60 hours or so a year on it. I guess I will be willing it to someone, instead of wearing it out...

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I have a L3750 with 2066 hours, bought used 10 years ago. Very little maintenance ever done on this tractor and it shows. I just had to rebuild the front end and replace to front drive shaft. But it's still a very good tractor...

Stone

Jan 13, 2011
Deckerville, MI
www.farmdepot.biz
Analog meters on the older tractors run off the RPM's of the engine. At PTO speed the meter is showing 1 hour for 1 hour of use. If the tractor was only run at half the PTO speed then the meter would show 1 hour for every 2 hours of use. With the new digital hour meters the time starts when the key is turned on.

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Analog meters on the older tractors run off the RPM's of the engine. At PTO speed the meter is showing 1 hour for 1 hour of use. If the tractor was only run at half the PTO speed then the meter would show 1 hour for every 2 hours of use. With the new digital hour meters the time starts when the key is turned on.
I think your referring to a mechanically driven analog hour/Rpm meters,there are analogue meters that work as hodge said,they count the hours for as long as they have battery power so will rack up the hours if the key is left "on"

I have both on my B7100 as it has a backhoe and fel so today I did a little test.I brimmed the fuel tank, noted the time, recorded both meters readings and ran for an hour at just under 2000 Rpm while digging a trench.
mechanical meter : .7 of an hour
electrical meter : 1 hour
fuel consumption,rebrimmed the tank : just under 1 litre.
The electrical meter on my other B7100 is way off in its accuracy
Dave

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
That could explain why our old 3750 seems to have 5000 hours, but meter says 2066. :eek:

Sam427

Equipment
L3410 GST, FEL, Bush Hog, Box Scrape, Spreader
Nov 6, 2009
Snellville, Ga. USA
I have a L3750 with 2066 hours, bought used 10 years ago. Very little maintenance ever done on this tractor and it shows. I just had to rebuild the front end and replace to front drive shaft. But it's still a very good tractor...
Are you talking about the propeller shaft? Was it leaking oil or did it break? I have a propeller shaft leak and have no idea if the seal area is damaged or if it's just the seal.

firemech

Equipment
54"Synder Blower, 60" Meteor Blower, LA302 FEL, LA435 FEL
Dec 26, 2010
Katrine, Ontario Canada
I have a marina that uses our tractors to move our boats in the summer and do snow removal in the winter. I traded my 1983 B6100 with gear transmission at 11,300 hrs I had tore the center out of the clutch at approx 9100 hrs (we often pull boats that lift the front of the tractor if the loader isn't on when coming up the ramp) We made the move to a new 7510 in 2005 when the brakes and hydraulics on the 6100 started giving problems, neither of which had been previously worked on. The 7510 with gear trans dispite an unscheduled "complete wash" in the Magnetewan River via our boat ramp at 4 weeks of age now has 2800 hrs on it. We have also added a L3400 HST in 2009 (as our employees don't seem to take to the gear trans anymore thus the swim in the river) which now has 800 hrs . To date none of the Kubotas has had any problems, use no oil between changes and while I would say the newer units are not as robust as the old 6100, I would still expect and honest 10,000 hrs out of the driveline but may have to tweek some of the mounts, steps etc to get there.
Larry:)

Last edited:

akghound

Equipment
L275 Kubota Tractor
Dec 29, 2011
Montana City, Montana
I have an L275 that is almost 30 years old. No idea how many hours as the meter broke at six hundred something. This tractor has been WORKED HARD. I used in a post/pole cutting operation for the first few years of it's life. Having a FEL on it I have moved hundreds of tons of dirt, barn cleanings and rock. Plowed hundreds of miles of driveway over the years. Harrowed many many acres of pasture. Rolled over once. Had it stuck several times, once in a swamp during the winter. Then in 2006 it was parked next to the generator shed when our place burned down. House, tac shed, tool shed and gen shed all lost. Anyway the tractor was severally burned to the point that it was no longer mobile. Then it sat in the pastured until this summer when my boys and I went and started it. She fired right up so I drug it close to the house and now power our generator off the tractor. That engine has thousands of hours on it. The only major repair I have done to it was a new clutch about 10 years ago. It started this morning at -2*(f) without additional heat or either. I must say, if you ever want to buy a new tractor in the future don't buy a Kubota today. You will never wear it out if you take even the minimum care of it
Ken Gardner.

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Are you talking about the propeller shaft? Was it leaking oil or did it break? I have a propeller shaft leak and have no idea if the seal area is damaged or if it's just the seal.
The PTO shaft that powers the front end. The splines were striped on the front of the shaft and the pinion gear. Had to replace shaft, splined couplers, ring & pinion gears, pinion bearings, pinion seal.

Most of this wear was because the front end mounts were very worn and had no grease fittings. This caused a lot of movement of the front axle. I fixed the mounts and added grease fittings.

Your oil leak is likely the pinion seal at the differential and a fairly easy fix.

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Have you checked the seal sleeve on the propeller shaft?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Not yet, it's really leaking now. I saw another thread that said they will push the seal out, can that be knocked back in without splitting the tractor?
Yes, it can be repaired without splitting. It is not the seal that gets pushed out but the sleeve on the shaft that the seal rides on. You push it back into place and put a spacer on the shaft to hold it in place. Your dealer will be able to look up the service bulletin for you.
Ed