no power

oakgrove

Jan 17, 2020
Carthage
No Power, No Start

Hi,
I have a m5030su and recently I've had to trip the fuel shut off lever several times before it will start. Then it would run with no power, and now it wont start. I've changed the fuel filter, fuel lines, and lift pump. when i move shut off it feels like its not touching fuel rail for about a 1/4 turn any ideas ?

Last edited:

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
What is your definition of No Power? Does it mean no electrical power as in the lights won't turn on or starter won't turnover?

Clear concise info will allow the community to better answer your needs.

Did you bleed the fuel system after the repairs?

Was battery tested? Test any circuits for proper voltage?

Last edited:

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
Have u CHECKED FLOW.. just remove a fuel line & turn on the key.. assuming its an electric fuel pump..
Its best to start at the tank end & move forward.. pull off the fuel line & CHECK the flow..
Sooner or later your going to find it slow down.. THATS IF its a fuel problem..
Can u REMOVE the shut off solenoid.?? {for testing purposes}

oakgrove

Jan 17, 2020
Carthage
sorry my discription wasnt very good. yes electrical is fine but to get it to start i have to flick the kill lever several times then it will start but after it is running it has no power wont hardly pull itself sounds like its lean on fuel. i took the kill lever apart and the top of the governor and the spring that pulls the kill rod back to run position is broke. im hoping that it wasnt in the run position totally and was starving it on fuel. will let you know this afternoon. its a mechanical fuel pump and kill switch