M-5700 A/C problem

golden321

Equipment
M5700, ZD-18
Mar 9, 2011
Shawnee, OK USA
The A/C in my M-5700 will stop working at times then start again. It continues to blow air it is just not cool. I know about keeping the radiator and AC condenser clean. This happens regardless of that being clean or dirty. In fact I can watch the temp gauge and as it starts to rise a little I know it is time to blow it out with air. When the AC is working it get less cool when the radiator/condenser needs blown out but it still cools.

I had The dealership check it and it was a little low on Coolant so they evacuated the system checked for leaks and recharged it. Worked fine for them. Then when brush hogging within 30 minutes it stops cooling and just blows air and usually 5-15 minutes or just when I am about to the point of being really uncomfortable it will start cooling again. When it gets close to being comfortable again it stops cooling again. Could it be freezing up. Can the compressor do this, work not work. They put in a new cab filter as well.

I read somewhere that the cab water can be shut off so that the hot water does not go threw the heating/AC unit. Where do you do this at?

Since New, I have always been disappointed with the AC performance even when it is working. during the hot summer it never get real cold in cab to where I would think about turning it down to medium. I could tint the windows but I use my tractor after dark during the winter to feed and don't like the limited viability.

Other than this I love my Kubota tractor.
Jay

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
When it's on do you hear the compressor kicking in and out real fast? My 9000 does that when the condenser is dirty and it doesn't cool good. Just comes and goes like what you are describing. 2 things come to mind that may help.

1. Do you leave the inside vent on rec. air? I was told that if you laeve this vent open it will cause the system to freeze up and not cool properly.

2. When my 9000 acts up even though the condenser and radiator looks clean it far from it. The radiator will be full of weed seed about every time. It's a real pain to wash it out. I have spent as long as a hour try to get the water hose in every possible position around the fan washing the crap back toward the front. It seems like it will never come clean. The longer you wash the more chunks of crap keep pushing thru. every time you think it's clean you will hit another spot and there goes more chunks. I started out blowing mine out with air and it just doesn't get it clean. A good long wash and clean cab filter is the only way mine stays working properly.

As far as the window tint goes you could go with 35% tint and be fine even at night. I tinted my windows and even did almost down to the dash on the windshield. My doors and the rear window are done in 5% and it's way to dark. You can forget seeing out at night thru them but the front really doesn't bother me. The dark stuff is great for helping to keep the heat out but hell to see thru. The 35% would help you some with the heat and I don't think really bother you at night. I use mine at night as much if not more than during the day. I just put more lights on mine to make up for the dark tint. If you do tint then be prepared to do the windshield as well. If you don't the light will glare on the doors and make it very hard to look thru. A good strip on the front makes a huge difference on that. I hope this helps you out.