B1550 wont curl

mracy

Equipment
B1550
Sep 9, 2015
Yelm, WA
I have a B1550 which I recently replaced the 4 hydraulic hoses tot he front bucket.
After doing so I started the tractor and lifted the bucket and also curled it. After a few minute the bucket stopped curling. I added a gallon of hdraulic fluid and worked the bucket up and down. it continues not to work/ curl.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Possibly either air, which should work out, or 2 hoses swapped, so each bucket cylinder is working in opposite directions, and the one with the extension stroke with flow behind the piston (bigger surface area) allowed it to push one way only.
Edit: (I'm assuming if you have quick connects that they are properly seated. If you do have quick connects, pull them and reinstall them, you may have one not opening a valve.)

Last edited:

SCPOret

Equipment
B7510HSD, LA272 FEL, Mohawk Brave shredder, Modern rear blade
Jan 21, 2013
Alvin, TX - USA
I have a B1550 which I recently replaced the 4 hydraulic hoses tot he front bucket.
After doing so I started the tractor and lifted the bucket and also curled it. After a few minute the bucket stopped curling. I added a gallon of hdraulic fluid and worked the bucket up and down. it continues not to work/ curl.
What loader do you have? Sometimes the linkage on the joystick gets worn and will not allow the valve to open far enough to move hyd fluid to the cylinders. Some of the linkages can be adjusted, but others you have to replace the worn linkages.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
mracy, come back and let us know what the solution was. You wanted an answer, so if you got a solution report back so you might help others.