Still have serious issues with my B6100

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Agree with aquaforce bet that dont happen again. Scott think about this. Back years ago :Ddusty may remember when we could only afford 1 booster cable we would run our bumpers to gather but you only then needed to hook up to postive or hot side of battery because when bumpers touched you had your ground. Done it more than once but not today plastic to plastic dont work;)handy
Handy, good lord, you really are the man :eek:

You could buy a cable set, sale the other half and maybe make a little money :D

I love that method, too bad plastic bumpers really messed that up :mad:

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
NEVERMIND IM A DUMBASS!!

I had the pos and neg treminal leads going backwards to the battery, The positive was the ground and the negative was the hot. Damn I must have look at it a million times and it seemed right, I took the rig over to a buddys house and he found the problem and he and his dad both looked at it to make sure. So I just had to run the wires in the right order!

THANKS GUYS!!!

You owe a lot of people some beer and YOU don't get any :mad:

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
WAIT JUST A DAMN MINUTE!

I dont recall anybody saying to check and see if it was wired backasswards!

Well, in that case, don't forget to tie your shoes after you put them on. There now you owe me another beer since I prevented you from tripping.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
:DThat aint first time thats happened and wont be the last so dont beat on yourself to much. Got to admit as long as it didnt hurt anything it was kinda funny Eric .;) I would have had to tell that one on myself but in future I promise it will help somebody else.handy

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
;)Thats what we really call learning as long as nothing gets burn up then its called learning the hard way and that usually sucks:( handy

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah your right about that one boss. I'm a graduate from the School of Hard Knocks. Hell I could damn near teach a class!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Its SUPPOSED to be negative ground. I had it backwards.

Read along with me:

If your polarity is negative to ground....(And it is because you are not English!)

Then there must be power getting to the frame....

Stop bickering and admit you owe aqua some brew :cool:

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
WAIT JUST A DAMN MINUTE!

I dont recall anybody saying to check and see if it was wired backasswards!
Thats what I was trying to get over to you in post #17: Quote
Just a thought,have you checked that the B6100 has the same polarity ground as the one used to jump it,..If they were different,not a problem if no contact between vehicles but could be the reason for the flash (depending how big a flash) when the chain was connected and why the bumpers should not touch!
Dave

Last edited: