Hydraulic pressure

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Well good luck with he Exxon Valdez :cool:

Josh, from really bad experience, be careful with degreaser. Sometimes that stuff is so aggressive it will eat at good seals and then bad things happen :(

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Wow Josh, that crack is a doozy. Is that gold color from sombodies attempt to braze it?
Handy could probably come up with some good ideas.

SockPuppet

Equipment
B8200
Nov 23, 2009
Washington State
That sure isn't helping anything but does it ooze oil? It doesn't appear to be through to the front far enough to reach the cylinder but it's hard to tell.

You're on the right track. Now all you have to do is find everything the previous owner(s) fixed and repair them properly.

SockPuppet

Equipment
B8200
Nov 23, 2009
Washington State
You're on the right track. Now all you have to do is find everything the previous owner(s) fixed and repair them properly.
I didn't mean that to come off as an impossible task. I've restored quite a few machines of many types and I've found that the easiest way to deal with complex systems is to go through them and get all the settings and adjustments back to original configuration. Quite often amateur repairs miss the real problem and just counteract it by treating the symptoms rather than the cause. The nut in the pressure release is a prime example of this type of thinking.

Electrical systems are most prone to this type of repair but it extends to fuel and in your case, hydraulics.

If a taillight stops working the average fixer-upper runs a whole new set of wires rather than track down the faulty connection. I won't even go into what I've seen done to carburetors.

I had a class A motorhome that someone had completely rewired. They used green wires for everything. All the same dark green...

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I'm sure their intentions were good. :D
That reminded me of that old saying "The path to Hell is paved with good intentions".

I can only hope that they at least had some sort of wire identifiers along the run :) But, probably they didn't :(

Joshua Zahn

Equipment
L275
Feb 13, 2010
Elkton, Maryland USA
That sure isn't helping anything but does it ooze oil? It doesn't appear to be through to the front far enough to reach the cylinder but it's hard to tell.

Yes, it oozes oil when you use the 3pt control. I haven't checked other than that. The other funny thing is that once I took the weight off the drawbar the pressure guage now doesn't register when using the 3pt control. I'm going to try to use "Labmetal" to repair the cracks and see what happens.

Reactions: 1 user

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
The other funny thing is that once I took the weight off the drawbar the pressure guage now doesn't register when using the 3pt control.
If you removed the wieght off the 3ph and operated with little psi indicated. That would make sense to me as there is no resistance to the pump during operation. The pump has poetential to produce a max amount of psi but will only do so when loaded up. Low resistance less psi indicated - more resistance more psi indicated.

Does that make sense? I know high end hydraulic units do this and perhaps that is what the Kubota is doing???

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Wow Joshua that is nasty.Please keep us updated on the fix. For you this is a horrible thing to find. And we all feel bad that it turned out this way. But I know that all of us are interested in the fix. Good luck and if what you have planned does not work, I am sure that Handyman or some of the others will give you some good advice. Way over my level of know how, but I will be rooting for you.:eek::eek::D Dusty

Joshua Zahn

Equipment
L275
Feb 13, 2010
Elkton, Maryland USA
If you removed the wieght off the 3ph and operated with little psi indicated. That would make sense to me as there is no resistance to the pump during operation. The pump has poetential to produce a max amount of psi but will only do so when loaded up. Low resistance less psi indicated - more resistance more psi indicated.

Does that make sense? I know high end hydraulic units do this and perhaps that is what the Kubota is doing???
Well, yes and no. It makes sense to me and that is what crossed my mind at first, but following the manual instructions, both mine and the page that Vic posted on pg1, I see no mention of the 3pt needing to be under load. Anyhow it looks like rain for a couple of days and since I don't have any decent cover I won't be taking the cover off for a few days (nor trying to weld the rusted rim).
C'est la vie.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Josh, good luck buddy. I feel bad for you and I know this has to be really bumming you out :(