B 7200 Clutch ??

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Started it up this morning, runs perfect, clutch works nice no unnatural noises no ungodly smells. I put amilk carton on for a seat and took it for a little toot. Power steering works good, hydro works good.one little leak at the hydro filter. I'll put the rest of it back together after I change oil and hydro. I'm trying to make up for my lousy body and paint by doing more detail work. Putting two coats of paint on every washer for every bolt is a good thing, right??:cool:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thanks Guys. unfortunately the one that is next is the cub cadet 2082 it just needs some TLC, last service was in 06.I have to make new steps because the the cab seems to have been on it since new. The steps are just rotten. Other than that it's just a matter of straightening a few thing and a bit of paint. THEN I get to move on to the B8200. I'm looking forward to that, clutch is seized, grill is gone, hood is smashed. It should be fun. I'm selling the B7200, I will cry but somethings have to go if I want to keep eating. The b8200 has the three speed hydro and boy do I like that, and I went to all the work of putting the b7200 loader on the b8200. I hope I win the lottery so I can keep them both,the 7200 just purrs and its so quiet and the hydro is so smooth. Boy this is hard. Thanks again Guys.:mad:

Attachments

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Selling the 7200? Say it isn't so! After all that work... Well, you'll surely get more $ for your equipment this way. Just like selling a car or a house - taking the time to clean it up a bit means you'll get all your $ back it took to restore it and then some.

AND, you'll be well practiced when it comes to bringing the 8200 up to speed.

hairball

May 17, 2009
ireland
dusty-t just been reading your posts , great work indeed , its nice to see the finished job all shiny new orange paint its inspiring well done.

jim

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
One of the biggest problems I have is finding enough time to do all the crap that I do, get it posted and get back to work. I don't take the time to look around much and that's not really fair but this morning I woke up early (no I didn't pee in the bed) :D so I got on here and started reading Dusty's restoration thread and man it was like brain candy for me. I looked at it right from the start to the end and loved every word of it. My friend take it from me YOU DO GOOD WORK!

I have to apologize for not commenting on it earlier than this. It's been a busy year in my shop and then I took on two mini bike restorations so it didn't leave me with much internet time. Sad to know you sold the tractor but after seeing what you did with it I bet you could get some steel wool and knit one now :)

Those of us that take on this kind of stuff will know first hand the amount of work that has to go into something to have it turn out like your project did. In every step there is a complication that has to be worked out but it sure looks like you won them all. I tip my lid to you sir. Just outstanding. Great thread..:cool:

Wildfire

Equipment
Wildfire, are those bikes a couple of CT70's or mabey a duece of '69 Z-50's by chance? Whatever they are, I'm betting they'll be sportin' new Kubota Orange paint!! Post pics!

Ah Vic your close. The first bike or even the first thing I ever owned with a motor was a 1969 Honda Z50A K1. I just completed the restoration of that last month. The first photo shows the condition of it when I got it. Arrived in three boxes.

The other bike I completed just before the Z50 was a 1972 Honda CT70. It was just like the second bike I ever owned. I did all the painting, mechanical and aluminum polishing of the bikes and they were painted with base/clear paint with pearl added. I never had the heart to paint them orange though Sorry dusty for high jacking your thread. Vic you got me feeling guilty about posting this stuff on your tractor site. You can delete them after you see them if you like. ;)

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thanks for the comments Wildfire, I love seeing your retorations and love seeing your pics and vids.I really don't care whether you post them on a tractor forum or a horse lovers forum.:D:D Dusty

Wildfire

Equipment
Thanks for the comments Wildfire, I love seeing your retorations and love seeing your pics and vids.I really don't care whether you post them on a tractor forum or a horse lovers forum.:D:D Dusty
Thanks Dusty. I appreciate your kind words. I feel the same way about your work so we're even :D

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
Wow Dusty-t. I just spent 1.5 hours reading this thread and looking at all the pics. Fantastic job.

Wildfire

Equipment
Are you kidding me!!! We're into the same things except I can't weld or fabricate like you and Dusty-t!! How did you think I knew the bikes were a CT70 and a Z50 anyway? They are the only bikes from my childhood worh spending a bunch or money and time on!!

Nice headlamp eyebrow on the Z, the lexan mini windshield on the CT is a nice touch and the luggage carrier was a real rear piece. Keep the project pics comming. I even enjoyed the mobile welder in a trailer!!
Your very observant sir to notice the cap, rear rack and small windshield :cool: Here's a few more pics for you seeing you enjoy them. As I said on another post I'm really an auto tech but this welding and fabricating stuff just keeps hunting me down and you'll see a few examples of that in these next pictures. You shouldn't encourage me to post pictures though because I have a building full of completed projects and I have photo's of each project.

I'll leave these here for a few days and take them out. I hate taking over Dusty's thread :(

You'll see by this next picture why I needed a forklift :eek:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Wildfire, if it is no problem for Vic or Mr.K then it is not a problem for me. I really like seeing your projects where ever they are. And if you don't post them here I may not be able to see as many. Kinda selfish of me but thats just the way it is.:D Dusty

Wildfire

Equipment
Wildfire, if it is no problem for Vic or Mr.K then it is not a problem for me. I really like seeing your projects where ever they are. And if you don't post them here I may not be able to see as many. Kinda selfish of me but thats just the way it is.:D Dusty
Thanks Dusty. Glad you like looking at them. I'll leave them there for another day and then pull them off. I'm not comfortable leaving the photo's on a thread such as yours. You did a very nice job on that tractor and you don't need a pelt from Newfoundland taking away from it :D Maybe the boys can start a hobby section somewhere and we all can post something.