kubota 4300dt oil spray

philkent

Jan 21, 2012
australia
Hi Fo;ks I was doing a slashing job today and noticed oil all over the left front axle. I removed the panel protecting the engine to see what was going on and there was an alloy 25 to 30mm pipe just below the alternator that allowed me to look into part of the engine,It appears that a bung of some sort must have been dislodged as nothing appears to have broken but oil dribbles out with the motor running. Is it a bung? What do i ask for in spare parts?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Is it where you put oil into the engine? That's the only thing that comes to mind where you can see into the engine itself. If that's it there should be a rubber cap/plug that could have been knocked off. If that be the case you don't need to run it until you get a new one. Either way it needs to be fixed before trash gets in the engine. If it was me I would change the oil just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
If you go to the parts images area of kubota.com you might get a good idea. Here is a screen shot from their website. What # do you think represents your hole.

Attachments

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
If you go to the parts images area of kubota.com you might get a good idea. Here is a screen shot from their website. What # do you think represents your hole.
crap..... website reduced the image size sorry. Go to:

http://www.kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx

OK the legal mumbo jumbo

Search your model tractor. Hit [open] and go to Engine

PS- If you are NOT USA based you can't use the KubotaDOTcom Illustrated parts UNLESS you decide to use an App or website that allows you to trick that site into thinking you're from US.

NOTE: Edited pic in previous post so now pic is of viewable size. The method to get this image in full size from Kubota.com remains the same though.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is this the plug you are looking for?

For serial number less or equal to 1L4203 P/N 15571-33140
For serial Number greater or equal to 1N0001 P/N 16427-33142 (updated part #)

Attachments

Last edited:

philkent

Jan 21, 2012
australia
Thanks for the help.Yes that looks like the part.In my defence ive done one oil change since ive had the tractor and filled it from the top and had no idea you had options, so will order one and change the oil.
It seems the parts link you sent me is only accessable to US residents

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Hope it is the one NIW shows above. If it is one of those in the block I showed; they might mean there are more serious issues.

NIW's image is from same online part manual mentioned earlier. Go to ENGINE then select GEAR CASE.

PS- If you are NOT USA based you can't use the KubotaDOTcom Illustrated parts UNLESS you decide to use an App or website that allows you to trick that site into thinking you're from US.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
.....It seems the parts link you sent me is only accessable to US residents
updated my response to reflect an option if any future reader reviewing this is not USA based

philkent

Jan 21, 2012
australia
No wonder i couldnt access the diagrams so thanks for posting it.
Have ordered the cap and the guy in parts hadnt come across a fill cap on the side of the block.Much appreciated

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
No wonder i couldnt access the diagrams so thanks for posting it.
Have ordered the cap and the guy in parts hadnt come across a fill cap on the side of the block.Much appreciated
Updated my post to viewable picture up above. ( http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=165010&postcount=3 ) What is on the side of the block is not a fill cap. It is a steel threaded plug ( #140) and a press in plug (#040). This sounds to not be an issue for you. Would take pretty bad damage for either of them to be spraying so glad it was not either of them.

Last edited:

philkent

Jan 21, 2012
australia
All fixed.Press in plug and no damage done.Having the part number certainly helped so thanks for your help.Hard to believe it could become dislodged but it did