b7100 front axle pin o-ring replacement

Jesnell

Equipment
Kubota B7100
Jan 20, 2015
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I am reassembling after an engine rebuild and noticed that two o-rings are missing from the front axle pivot pin. There are supposed to be 4 o-rings; a #7 and #22 on either side of the two bushings. Both of the #22 o-rings were missing. In trying to install them, the one that goes to the rear (i.e. closer to the rear of the tractor) of the rear bushing is not a problem but the one that is at the front of the front bushing has me puzzled. The Kubota front axle diagram doesn't include the frame that the axle is pinned to so I'm not positive which side of the front frame this front o-ring goes. But in order for it to keep dirt out of the bushing, I would think it should go immediately against the bushing. However, if this is where it goes, I can't see a way of installing it with the frame in the way.

I have the kubota front axle diagram that I refer to above but can't figure out how to include it.

Not sure if my description is good enough for anyone to follow my question but any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank You

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The #7 o-ring goes in the groove on the outside of the bushing,
and the #22 o-ring goes in the groove in the inside of the bushing.
Sorry it took so long to answer, but I was out of town. I am in the middle of a B7100 font axle rebuild/repair right now.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I was initially confused myself- mine was so dirty when I pulled the bushings, I couldn't see any o-rings at all.