ZL1801 Clutch Problems

bj7859

Equipment
ZL1801 - Landpride AT2560
Aug 6, 2013
Thibodaux, LA
Hello all. I'm a total rookie here and I'm sure it will show. I have recently purchased a house with 3 acres of land and I convinced the seller to leave me his ZL1801 as part of the deal. In the past month or so of owning the tractor, I have learned a great deal at (unfortunately) the tractor's expense. Just when I thought I had everything figured out, I managed to push my clutch pedal so far that it literally went 180 degrees around and got stuck below the footrest.

I managed to undo the linkages and pry the pedal back up to the top after finding what was left of what I presume should be pedal/linkage stop. After getting the pedal back up, the clutch would no longer work. I have to now press the pedal almost to the point where it will flip back under again. I have adjusted the linkage to its maximum stroke, but I fear I am going to mess up something else by pushing the linkage so far.

My question is what exactly happened here? It seems to me like I rotated some sort of pivot/linkage that is internal too far and now my clutch won't function properly. Did I shear a spline on a shaft of some sort? I'm mechanically experienced, just completely new to tractors.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

bj7859

Equipment
ZL1801 - Landpride AT2560
Aug 6, 2013
Thibodaux, LA
Well i'm not sure if this will help at all, but perhaps someone will have some experience with the matter.

Pic#1 - With the footrest installed, this is the position of the pedal and clutch linkage currently. This was prior to making any adjustments.

Pic#2 - Again, prior to any adjustments from before the "incident", this is the pedal and linkage when moving it by hand as far as possible.

Pic#3 - This is the furthest I can press the pedal before the linkage interferes with the pedal travel.

Pic#4 - This is as far as I can move the clutch linkage in the other direction with a wrench.

Does this all seem normal or can anyone tell if there is a problem here?

Attachments