BX 3 point to frame bushing question

lamanated

Equipment
BX
May 2, 2013
Zephyrhills Fl
Just doing a servicing on a BX with only a couple hundred hrs, and notice the bushing that goes into the frame on the draft arms, is loose and thought with the loads it sees, it might wear the frame out instead of the bushing, so thought I should make a second plate to clamp the bushing and bolt or weld to the frame to take the load and replace when needed vs dealing with an egg shapped hole in the frame,
Wondering if anyone else has seen similar wear and came up with a beefed up part

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Wow, that's strange! I wonder if the bushing is harder than the frame? That's the only way I can imagine your situation. (The "obvious" cause: the bushing being undersized and fitting the pin more tightly than the frame is impossible, right? ;))

In any case, it seems worth taking up with your dealer.

lakebota

Sep 23, 2013
nor cal
I'm wondering what implements are being attached, and if they are properly?
Some like to have play, if installed snug the weak point gets to make up loss of play. The bushings are designed to bear the brunt of use.

uglyboy

Equipment
TG1860G
Mar 8, 2013
St. George, Ontario
Wow... on my BX, the bushings fit snug in the frame, and the pin fits snug in the bushings. I use a 3pt snowblower every winter, and my backblade twice a year on the driveway.
You are referring to the two bushings which have one side flattened ???

Pete