Left side front wheel case support wont take grease

crose237

Equipment
MX5100 box scraper, snow blade, pallet forks and bale spear
May 9, 2011
Missoula, MT
My MX5100 won't take grease in the left side front wheel case support. If I force it, the grease squirts out the top of the zirc. I have tried turning the front wheels to various positions without result.

lakebota

Sep 23, 2013
nor cal
have you tried removing the zerk and shooting grease through it or simply replace it? Hold into gun with needle nose pliers. Dried grease could be blocking. If you replace, make sure to get mertic fitting.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
As suggested remove it and clean or replace. If you clean it spray a bit of carb cleaner and use a small piece of wire (like from a wire welder) and ream out the dry material.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I picked this up off the snap on truck. They actually sell similar kits at the auto parts stores and tractor dealers in town. Tool cleans and frees up zirc fittings that won't take grease. Just fill tool with oil, hook it to the zirc fitting and tap the end of the tool with a hammer. It forces oil into the zirc clearing it and freeing it up. Used it on forklift that half the zircs were plugged. Works great and easy to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2grit

Equipment
L35,U45
Apr 24, 2011
northeast
Have someone constantly turn the wheels while you're applying grease. I've had that work many times on pins that wouldn't take grease.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Couple thoughts:

First thing I would do is to remove the grease fitting, and clean out the cavity, and the back side of the fitting, removing any dried up grease. Might try soaking the fitting in solvent, then blowing same out with air. Then put the fitting on the grease gun, and see if grease goes through.

If all is OK with the fitting, or you have a new one ready, next, fill the cavity with as much penetrating oil, like PB blaster, or KROIL, as it will hold. Then re-install the fitting.

I have not had much luck with the hammer type uncloggers.

I cannot recommend this product highly enough: http://locknlube.com/

Locknlube grease tip actually locks the gun hose to the fitting, if it can't get the grease flowing, you'll need to do some serious dis-assembly, to get any in there...:D