Backhoe loss of power on L35

Sethmic1

Equipment
L35
Oct 13, 2014
Duvall, WA
Hey all,
Forgive the new owner question here. I was loading my backhoe onto my L35 and hit a hydraulic connector. It blew hydraulic fluid all over back of the tractor. Anyway I fixed it all and added enough UDT fluid to the back of the tractor to get the levels back.

The backhoe works fine but has now lost a lot of power. The stabilizers wont actually lift the tractor for example, and the backhoe gets stalled on barely any gravel, unable to pull forward. I am not sure what else to check unless I made some really dumb mistake I am missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Crushed pipe or a bad/wrong connector restricting flow. ;)

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Be certain you have the two hoses (four ends) all hooked up correctly and not backwards one to the other.

Double-check the push-pull valve to make certain you have it in the correct position for 'backhoe': check Owner's Manual for correct position.

May not have one of the two hoses fully hooked together---it or they may be 'captured' but not fully 'open'.

Depending how or what you bumped, might have crushed a hose; shouldn't be any hardlines at the rear of that machine. Remote possibility might have damaged one or both ends of the quick-connect to the backhoe.

Please post back and advise your continuing experiences so we may all learn.

Sethmic1

Equipment
L35
Oct 13, 2014
Duvall, WA
It was the 3ph lever as you guys mentioned. I pushed it in and restarted and it was fine. Thanks so much for the help! Won't make that mistake again...