BX2230 headlight issue

mehig

Equipment
BX2230, MASSEY 1033, Bobcat 753,Gravely Cl
Jun 1, 2012
kentucky
My headlights will only illuminate for 40-50 seconds before the go out. They will not turn back on until the machine has set over night. They will only turn on 1 time no matter how long the tractor has been running.....I noticed only after mowing several hours and upon putting it away in a darken basement the lights slowly go dim until they go out all togather. All the other lights work as intended...the fuse looks normal....any thoughts or comment appreciated.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Now thats different, slowly dimming. I'm sorry I cant say for sure because I don't have a schematic for your tractor. It most certainly is in the control circuit, i.e. switch or relay if so equipped, or the grounding of the bulbs themselves. Something is increasing in resistance until out.

To check first, when they go out, use a test light to see if 12v is still present at the bulb. Yes = bad ground or bad bulb opening and closing filament from the heat. (had one like that one time, like to never found it) No = follow wiring to next junction, could be fuse block. check that tabs are clean. Yes, No... move to next point.

Let us know what you find out, It'll help us understand too!

cubdrvr

Oct 9, 2014
Yankton SD
Just bought my first Kubota BX2230. Did a headlight search and this is all I found.
No headlights. Switch is OK. Fuse is OK with power to it. Bulbs and contacts are 0K. No power to wiring at the bulb. Any advice before I pull the wiring?
Thanks.........
Dave

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Here is the schematic for my BX. You can see many connections. Any one of them may be warming and then expanding to lose good contact. If both lights work(or don't work) the same it is not the grounding problem there.

Attachments