Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OHHHHH this is way too easy for a smart arse answer,,, nope I aint gona say it

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Yes, bx2230. 2 of my arms curve and I put them around the back tires under the rear frame. I took a 2 inch square by1/4 inch thick tube about 5 ft long and made some hooks (2, set as wide as the frame),in the center that would hook under the front frame and set the tube on the other arms of the lift. Sorry, I don't have pictures of it.

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
Yes, bx2230. 2 of my arms curve and I put them around the back tires under the rear frame. I took a 2 inch square by1/4 inch thick tube about 5 ft long and made some hooks (2, set as wide as the frame),in the center that would hook under the front frame and set the tube on the other arms of the lift. Sorry, I don't have pictures of it.
I was thinking of making a crossmember that would go across the lift arms and under the rear of my b2620. The front isn't a problem, the lift arms can easily be situated under the loader frame.
I would like to be able to lift and have the tractor supported and be able to still remove the wheels, so crossmember clearance on the rear couldn't interfere with rear wheels.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Mike,,, sorry about the smart arsed post but i couldn't help it, just kind of slipped out,,,:D
Anyway I was thinking about this and if you have a lift then you most likely have a welder and know how to use it. So i was thinking if you built a ramp for each side so the arms could lock in to and hold the same place and not move, You could drive it up the ramp and have total access to the underside of the tractor. You wouldnt have to worry about the cross braces. if your going to pull wheels a floor jack I think would be the best way to go. like you say the front is no worries just use the bucket to lift them.. Just a thought

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
All i have is a 9000# drive on. I use a 12" wide c channel that i drive on as its too wide for L1501. If i dont need to lift it, i just raise hoist and drive under it.
Some two post hoists accessories are ramps that pin on arms, makes it adjustable fir different width vehicles. Im sure tractors have a different center of gravity, be aware of that when lifting on a hoist. I have seen some strange things happen when lifting off balance stuff.

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
Yea Skeets I'm not too good at crawling around under things due to knee problems and lifting with the bucket is good for pulling the front wheels but to really lift the tractor I thought about it and why the heck should I be concerned with removing the rear wheels,(not like I'm gonna be checking rear brakes often) I think fabricating something I could just drive the wheels onto the rear lift arms may be the way to go, ramps of some sort..maybe some 12 inch C channel with pins welded to them which I could put right in the lift arms..