B2301 Pricing Help For Selling

j.white

Equipment
Kubota 2301 + Stuff
Nov 10, 2018
Northern Indiana
This might be my first post here but I've been lurking since acquiring a B2301 that was included in a home purchase. The plan was to sell the Kubota and my JD 1025R in order to fund a larger tractor purchase. The JD was sold a couple months ago and now I'm ready to sell this B2301 but I haven't a clue on used Kubotas. To my horror, the previous owner kept the tractor outside and it obviously faded the loader arms, rear fenders and hood but I will be able to buff and restore the color and gloss to approximatey 75%. The hood and fenders seem to buff better and will gloss up to about 95%. I'm an old auto collision guy so buffing faded single stage paints comes naturally. The wheels and hydro rams are still glossy and no fading so I assume they are finished with a different product. Anyway, 175 hours and the condition would be average to slightly average plus. Tractor has the LA434 loader with quick release handles, 60" bucket and the 60" mid mount mowing deck. It has the turf tires. I'm not sure on the year but the old owner completed the home in late 2015 so the tractor came after that. I'm looking to move it quickly in order to get my new cab tractor soon. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Theres a B2601 with similar hours in my area listed for 14,750. There was a B2601 at Salem Farm for 13,500. It sold in a few days.

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
Go on tractorhouse.com and look up what others are asking for a similar tractor. On the site, on the left, at the top of the red area, click on "Search For-Sale Listings" , then type in your tractors specs and see what you can come up with. ;)

j.white

Equipment
Kubota 2301 + Stuff
Nov 10, 2018
Northern Indiana
Thanks Steve, unfortunately there are very few Kubota listed on Craigslist within a 500 mile radius in my area. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing? LOL

sn0wman72

Nov 16, 2019
Plain, WA
A new B2301 with the same attachments would be around $20.7k plus tax

Your used one is averaging about 40 hours per year, which is likely on the low side.

I think $15k would be a fair price for you and a buyer...that is a bit more than 30% discount to buying new. You can always reduce the price if you do not get the offers you are looking for