Kubota L200 Split Tractor

SpaceCowboy

Equipment
L200
Apr 19, 2020
Spring, Texas
Hello all. I have a 1973 Kubota L200.

I recently bought it to mow the lawn around my new 5.6 acres. Well when I got it home, it was gushing hydraulic oil from behind the starter, out of both lift arms, and from the gear case. I figured there might be a seal internally that was letting hydraulic oil in to the gearcase and overfilling it causing everything else to leak. I took it to a local shop to let them have a look at it and they quoted over $3k to MAYBE fix it.

I'm going to purchase a new tractor this next week, and probably sell this. My question for you all is this tractor seems pretty simple. How hard is it to split these little tractors and replace the problem seals? Has anyone ever split one of these?

I have a shop and tools and basic knowhow, but I'm by no means a tractor mechanic. I'd rather just sell it as is and try and make my money back but if its not too intricate to fix I would be willing to give it a shot.

Any advice? I have an owners manual but it seems vague about actually splitting this bad boy.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
If you like the tractor, have the room and the tools, and are not in a hurry, give it a shot. If it ends up being more than you bargained for, you can always part it out to recoup your money. And if you get it fixed, now you have a pair of Kubotas to tackle many differing tasks!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
SpaceCowboy, welcome to the forum. Since you only fix it to sell, why not put a couple of ads on Craig's List or FaceBook Marketplace and see what someone is willing to pay as it is. If someone has a similar model and needs parts they may jump all over it.

They were make in '72-'73 so parts become difficult to find. Also, service folks are often not familiar with the older models and quote prices high enough for repairs, I think, hoping you go someplace else, or they cover their butt with the unknown!

Did you get any attachments with it, like a belly mower? As an example, I bought a small 30 year old Kubota, 2 cyl, mower with the belly mower. The mower deck is worth 2-3 times what I paid for the entire machine.