Trade Chipper for Rotary Stump Grinder

BensBX

Mar 7, 2017
Baltimore, Ohio
While it may be a long shot I thought I'd try offering my Wallenstein BX52 - 5" wood chipper with very little use and considered like new for a trade of either a Baumalight or Woodland Mills 24" rotary stump grinder. Can't go any larger on a grinder as I have a BX24. I bought the Wallenstein BX52 as I had tons of dead ash. I ended up burning the bulk of limbs and ended up with minimal use on a great chipper. Hindsight saying I sure could have used a grinder more than a chipper but we've all been there done that. If anyone is interested give a holler.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Ben,

hey just so you know...

ive got the chipper & stumpgrinder both. while you are pretty happy with the chipper on the BX.. yo uwill probably be disappointed with the stumpgrinder on it.

i was using a B2601 ( a little bigger) & while the chipper was fine, the grinder was borderline too much for the little tractor.

if you go real slow & never get impatient? its is okay on the B.. but when getting into hardwoods or even the least bit aggressive? it would toss the little tractor around pretty good.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Ben,

hey just so you know...

ive got the chipper & stumpgrinder both. while you are pretty happy with the chipper on the BX.. yo uwill probably be disappointed with the stumpgrinder on it.

i was using a B2601 ( a little bigger) & while the chipper was fine, the grinder was borderline too much for the little tractor.

if you go real slow & never get impatient? its is okay on the B.. but when getting into hardwoods or even the least bit aggressive? it would toss the little tractor around pretty good.

What stump grinder do you have? I was really considering one this past week. most of my stumps are likely less that 20" in diameter (hardwood maples, ash and a few oaks). Do really find that yours is not a good fit for your machine?

I have a hoe, but don't really enjoy digging stumps with it.