Kubota Extended Warranty - worth it?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Re: Kubota Extended Warrenty - worth it?

Hi, I have a 2019 B2601 with a 54" quick attach bucket, BH70 backhoe w/12" bucket. and 54" mid mount mower. At approx. 125 hrs. the hydraulic cylinder shaft that works the backhoe bucket snapped in two pieces. about 20 hrs. later the replacement shaft bent neither covered under warranty, keep engine speed at 2000 and no more problems at 235 hrs. Arms for quick connect frt bucket started coming off during use occasionally at under 200 hrs. breaking headlight assembly. took to dealer for pictures to show field rep. for kubota here is response.

KTC Customer Satisfaction <ktc_g.customersatisfaction@kubota.com>
To:craig
Fri, May 1 at 3:33 PM
RE: B2601HSD SN:

Mr.

You recently opened a case with Kubota Customer Satisfaction regarding damage to your B2601. Your case was reviewed by our Kubota Service Representative, and he has found that the damage was due to improper operation of the equipment. Unfortunately, this type of damage is not something that warranty covers.

Regards,

Ruth G.
Kubota Customer Satisfaction

Digging tree stumps with backhoe and cleaning edge of pond, moving firewood and approx. 100 dump truck loads of dirt, moving dirt of 1/2 acre lot.
Kubota seems very good if you leave tractor in garage and look at it, so far approx 230 hrs. on tractor no problems with mower.
Looks to me like you beat the tar out of it.... Maybe you should have purchased a larger unit with more capacity. I believe a JCB would have been a better bet for you but then, you'd probably destroy that as well.

I've never purchased an extended warranty on any of the 10+ Kubota's I've owned and out of the 10. I've only had 2 issues. One was a cylinder seal (Kubota took care of that under the basic warranty) and a leaking bung on my right fuel tank on my cabin M9. Kubota took care of that issue as well. Provided me with a new tank that I installed myself.

I consider Kubota to be a well built and engineered unit but as with all complex mechanical apparatus, things do fail.

Looks to me like your issues stem from too little a unit trying to do too large a task.

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville

I bought my BX23s last year. Local Dealer in Southern NH threw in a 3 year extender that starts after Kubota warranty expires. Complete tractor, loader and backhoe regardless of hours, and a 5 year powertrain warranty. I'm signing the paperwork and said "what's this?". They give it to each unit they sell!

Reactions: 1 user

Beefranks

Equipment
B2650 , LA534A Loader , BH77 Backhoe , SGC06 Clawgrapple
Mar 30, 2020
TABIONA,utah, usa

Hi, I have a 2019 B2601 with a 54" quick attach bucket, BH70 backhoe w/12" bucket. and 54" mid mount mower. At approx. 125 hrs. the hydraulic cylinder shaft that works the backhoe bucket snapped in two pieces. about 20 hrs. later the replacement shaft bent neither covered under warranty, keep engine speed at 2000 and no more problems at 235 hrs. Arms for quick connect frt bucket started coming off during use occasionally at under 200 hrs. breaking headlight assembly. took to dealer for pictures to show field rep. for kubota here is response.

KTC Customer Satisfaction <ktc_g.customersatisfaction@kubota.com>
To:craig
Fri, May 1 at 3:33 PM
RE: B2601HSD SN:

Mr.

You recently opened a case with Kubota Customer Satisfaction regarding damage to your B2601. Your case was reviewed by our Kubota Service Representative, and he has found that the damage was due to improper operation of the equipment. Unfortunately, this type of damage is not something that warranty covers.

Regards,

Ruth G.
Kubota Customer Satisfaction

Digging tree stumps with backhoe and cleaning edge of pond, moving firewood and approx. 100 dump truck loads of dirt, moving dirt of 1/2 acre lot.
Kubota seems very good if you leave tractor in garage and look at it, so far approx 230 hrs. on tractor no problems with mower.

The reason that happens with the backhoe is your are pushing it waaaay past its limits and using improper techniques. Look it up on youtube and there is a guy that explains how to properly dig up tree roots and shows a picture of the same thing happening to a neighbor of his.

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville
I was led to believe that with the smaller tractors, my BX23S for example that their design is such and catered to "novices and homeowners" that they are unbreakable. By that I mean pressure relief valves etc that limit the ability to do damage such as bending backhoe cylinders? I know my machine will "refuse" if I get a big root while digging, and the FEL will not lift beyond a certain limit. Isn't that pressure relief designed to prevent that damage that the video is showing?

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If one used hydraulic cylinders to lift/push as designed the cylinder seldom breaks. If pressure is applied improperly a cylinder can be put out of commission.

Don't roll your loaded bucket all the way down and back towards your tractor and backdrag. You'll soon have a ruined cylinder also!

JenniferKubotaM62

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M62 TLB, Bobcat HD Grapple, Bobcat Auger, Skeleton Bucket, Forks, WB Ripper
Nov 14, 2019
Arizona
www.jenniferbond.com
DAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!! You're upset they didn't honor your warranty with that kind of damage at such low hours? You're lucky they didn't come take the tractor, paid off or not under the Tractor Endangerment Act and put it in a good foster home, WOW!!!!!! If they'd have covered that damage and I was a paying customer of them, I'd have been URINATED the right off that my premiums are paying for the repair of such carnage...whew....

The ONLY thing that would have impressed me more, would have been you sharing the photos of both frame rails split in half.... come on.... we know you have them, share'seez. ;)

All joking aside, I'm new to the world of Kubota, or tractors in general... but blond hair or not, even I can see you seriously under-purchased when you were out tractor shopping, heck, Stevie Wonder can see that..... I trust in the 2 years since that time you've purchased a tractor more capable of the work you were planning to use it for?

Jen
M62, factory warranty expiring next month, researching orange extended.

Last edited:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Maybe this will make you feel better.

I'm on my fourth K, never bought extended warranty. One unit had a warranty repair done during the warranty period.

I bought K for reliability. If it's going to fail it will likely do it in the warranty period. The cost of the extended warranty will cover the cost of 99% of repairs in the extended warranty period AFTER paying 50% commissions to the dealer/salesperson.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
When it comes to extended warranties, my wife and I have had really good luck with them or from a different prescriptive really bad luck with appliances.

We have had two ice boxes replaced under the extended warranty and three washers, and a dishwasher repaired under extended warranty. So for us, the extended warranties have paid for themselves.

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois

Looks to me like you beat the tar out of it.... Maybe you should have purchased a larger unit with more capacity. I believe a JCB would have been a better bet for you but then, you'd probably destroy that as well.

I've never purchased an extended warranty on any of the 10+ Kubota's I've owned and out of the 10. I've only had 2 issues. One was a cylinder seal (Kubota took care of that under the basic warranty) and a leaking bung on my right fuel tank on my cabin M9. Kubota took care of that issue as well. Provided me with a new tank that I installed myself.

I consider Kubota to be a well built and engineered unit but as with all complex mechanical apparatus, things do fail.

Looks to me like your issues stem from too little a unit trying to do too large a task.
Why so many?

I've had the same Ford backhoe for over 20 years

Ton

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2022
MD
Wow! I know it's an old post, but my guess would be that fella with the torn hydraulic cylinder dug his bucket behind a big stump and then used either a truck or a much larger tractor to then pull on the B to try and roll the stump out. Redneck fabulous.

• Haha

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT

I bought my BX23s last year. Local Dealer in Southern NH threw in a 3 year extender that starts after Kubota warranty expires. Complete tractor, loader and backhoe regardless of hours, and a 5 year powertrain warranty. I'm signing the paperwork and said "what's this?". They give it to each unit they sell!
Is that Chappell Tractor in Milford? My 2019 bought in 2020 came from there as well as a friend of mine also bought a new one there this spring.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Is that Chappell Tractor in Milford? My 2019 bought in 2020 came from there as well as a friend of mine also bought a new one there this spring.
Chappell Milford = nice people to deal with!

Reactions: 1 users

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois

I've operated small units that were built tough.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

They don’t “give it”… You paid for it. (and yes, I realize this is an old thread that has been revived.)

Last edited: